Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Application for St. Patrick's Day - a lesson learned!

Options
  • 16-03-2011 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey all

We'd 2 weeks to put a no budget volunteer campaign together for St. Patrick's Day. Driven by the deflated National Spirit, we thought we would do our bit to try and restore some Irish Pride!

Shamrock Urself was born and launched on Monday of this week. So far we've had a sea of Shamrocks on Facebook and we expect this to grow over today and tomorrow.

We did learn a very important lesson that I'd like to share. Facebook have put a stop to Landing Pages as such, moving them from FBML to iFrame pages. We ran out of time but there is help available! Facebook app development companies, Wildfire and Involver, have each created a free, easy-to-use interface, which makes iframe app creation simpler.

Just thought I'd share this little nugget.

Feel free to join in the Facebook Celebration of Paddy's Day with us. The link is above.

Have a great day tomorrow!

All the best
    Sinead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

It was a nice app, Sinead. My only suggestion for improvement would be some easy way to pass it on, or 'suggest to friends'. That might have put a bit of a turbo boost behind the viral spread.

Advertisement