Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up IM for msn on SE W705 on meteor

Options
  • 16-03-2011 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi - I'm new !!!!
    My head is done in from trying to set up IM on my Sony Ericsson W705. I have username, password all in o.k.
    But when I go to log in it keeps saying Network Error.
    I'm using WiFi at home and it would be great if I could chat online on my msn? Please if you know how to do it could you give ste by step instuctions !?!

I reckon that it is the server address is wrong as I have tried EVERYWHERE to get this and all I have come up with is messenger.hotmail.com

Appreciate any Help,
    Ta , Catherine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i wouldn't know exactly how to set up msn messenger on that specific phone, but a lot of people i've seen use ebuddy, you could maybe try giving this a go and it might just be a workaround to alleviate the headaches... :o

in your mobile browser type get.ebuddy.com

hope this helps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 misecatherine

Thanks - I tried it and it works fine - similar to logging onto the actual Windows Live site from phone. Keep having to update the page to see new messages and it does not alert when someone logs in - but hey it's cheaper to chat with my Bro in USA this way than texting - so it's cool!

Thank you very much for answering :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i downloaded and tried e-buddy myself last night too just to try it out, didnt like it too much either.

the next time though you might be considering upgrading your phone, take a look at the 3pay options from 3. when i was on vodafone i used use msn and skype a lot, so i ported over to 3pay and now i get skype and msn 24/7 for free connected via their 3G network for €20 a month, no need for wifi! :)

there are also other additional benefits you get for the €20 monthly topup- free texts to any irish network, free calls to any irish number at wekends (landline or mobile!) and for €5 taken from your credit you get a month of internet access- 500MB, plenty enough for facebook browsing if thats your thing too! :o

i dont know if you'd qualify for the €10 extra free for life promo, theres a 3 forum on the board under the "Biz - Talk To..." section where you could have a look.

anyway, hope this helps... :)

Advertisement