Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to add to a license?

• 16-03-2011 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭

This may seem fairly obvious but I've done a search and can't seem to find the answer. I got a full car license from a few years ago and just passed my test today (:cool:) and I've heard it's free just to add the motorcycle license to my car one. How do I do this? I can't find any forms or anything online or is it just a matter of going to the centre place with my license and the form that says I've passed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Blacktie. wrote: »
    This may seem fairly obvious but I've done a search and can't seem to find the answer. I got a full car license from a few years ago and just passed my test today (:cool:) and I've heard it's free just to add the motorcycle license to my car one. How do I do this? I can't find any forms or anything online or is it just a matter of going to the centre place with my license and the form that says I've passed?

Yeah, just head to the licensing authority (county council offices usually) and bring two passport photos, your car license and the motorcycle competency certificate. Its free to add it and they post the license out. Naturally there is a huuuuge form to be filled - they'll give that to you at the licensing office.

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

As above but they gave it to me there and then, no need to wait for it to be posted to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Nice one. They open weekends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Nice one. They open weekends?

County council offices open weekends? On what planet would that make sense? The public might be able to get in and get stuff done if that happened...

'cptr

Advertisement