Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted child abductions in Swords

Options
  • 16-03-2011 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi All,

I posted the below message in After Hours today and the Mod their closed the thread told me to post it in here.

From the feedback there I don't think I got my point across correctly. The mother of one of the children involved was just here and I can tell you now that this is no rumour or scare mongering.

All I am trying to do is to raise awareness and I beleive that Boards is a good way to do this as it has such a high membership.

Please read below.

Original Post -

Not sure I am putting this in the right place but I wanted to get the word out to people. There have been 3 attempted child abductions in Rivervalley in Swords in the last few days.

The Gardai are aware and are watching the area but I have been looking online and I don't see it reported anywhere yet. The first attempt was on a young boy about 6-7 the second a young girl 7-8 on here way home from school and I have just been told their was another attempt on another girl coming from secondary school.

The schools have sent notes home to parents but I have spoken with two different parents who's kids forgot to give them the notes. I have noticed a few different young kids walking around the estate alone over the last few days so I am guessing that there are still a lot of parents who are unaware of what is happening.

<Mod snip - It is not for posters here to confirm the validity of your statements/speculations. HB>

If I have posted in the wrong place or there is a more suitable forum please feel free to move this post but please anyone who reads this take heed and inform anyone in the Swords/Rivervalley area with children to be vigilant over the coming weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Another local poster has confirmed by PM that there was an incident that the Gárdaí are indeed taking seriously.

If anyone has any information - please call Swords Gárdaí on +353 1 666 4700 or your local Gárda Station.

Thanks,

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If any locals can provide updates - PM me or Beasty & we will add to the thread.

HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement