Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London equivlaent of boards.ie?

Options
  • 16-03-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Just moved to London a week ago.

What is a similiar resource to boards.ie but where most of the users are London based?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've looked around quite a lot but there don't seem to be many regionally-focused message boards in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Fysh wrote: »
    I've looked around quite a lot but there don't seem to be many regionally-focused message boards in the UK.

Stumbled upon a few other threads since I posted and I see you are the organiser of the Beers sessions :D

I must head along to the next one. I've thrown in a vote for Saturday 30th April.

What do they entail? Are they a pub crawl or what?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

PH4T wrote: »
    What do they entail? Are they a pub crawl or what?

They're usually just a handful of people meeting up to go for a couple of drinks. Sometimes we head for grub beforehand. We normally stick to one pub on the basis that it's easier for people to find us if they end up getting delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I pop onto Urban75 every now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Iv found that there are loooads of 'special interest' boards but none (yet) so vast and all encompassing as boards.ie.

Urban75 looks promising though ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement