Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Experience Japan Day - April 17th - Farmleigh House**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

im going in and bringing 8 others with me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Aargh this'll have to be a no go for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

im on my way, look out for the guy with the blue/green hair :P ps im not cosplaying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Sushi King for shame!! Thai food at a Japanese fair?? Disaster and that was before I tasted it! Shame on me! no Okonomiyaki/monjayaki :-(

Cosplay was bit weak... awarding the prize to the pro at the amateur turnont was obvious.

Best dressed female? hmmm...

Origami pieces were nice. Good day all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Omg how did I not see this, Shakuhachi!!! Omg I can't believe I missed this God DAMN IT! Is this on only once a year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Yup, just once a year at the moment. Keep an eye on the forum and you'll be ready for next years!

who was the hot cosplayer in the purple outfit yesterday? :pac:

allanb49 wrote: »

Me!! cough cough... haha... Victorian Lolita's was an interesting mashup of two completely varied culture's!

Was hoping to see a few people with Shogi boards but still appears to be a very unknown game.

i dont know what to belive on the internet anymore. still waiting for my money from a nigerian prince..... pics or gtfo :P

i dont know what to belive on the internet anymore. still waiting for my money from a nigerian prince..... pics or gtfo :P

You mean you won my national lottery too?

Sry to disappoint you but im dude... you want pics of cosplay check out Jessica Nigri!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

I missed it! I am unhappy. How was it?!

ah the purple haired one was hotter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Sushi King for shame!! Thai food at a Japanese fair?? Disaster and that was before I tasted it! Shame on me! no Okonomiyaki/monjayaki :-(

Cosplay was bit weak... awarding the prize to the pro at the amateur turnont was obvious.

Best dressed female? hmmm...

Origami pieces were nice. Good day all in all.

hey

Fiona and I ran the cosplay show and lolita fashion show. I am on the Experience Japan committee and look after the cosplay and Japanese fashion so if you have any feedback, regarding the good, bad and the ugly please give me a pm or say so here.

You said that the cosplay show was weak, I would appreciate it if you could explain why it was weak, perhaps give suggestions on ways we can improve for next year.

That goes for everyone who attended, we would appreciate your feedback and suggestions for next year. :)
    who was the hot cosplayer in the purple outfit yesterday?

I believe that was Fiona aka tread_sofly who ran the cosplay events with me and the cosplay talk. She would be delighted to hear this.:D
    ah the purple haired one was hotter

Agrees.

I believe that was Fiona aka tread_sofly who ran the cosplay events with me and the cosplay talk. She would be delighted to hear this.:D

Agrees.

Stalk Stalk Stalk :pac:

Stalk Stalk Stalk :pac:

She won't be happy to hear this.

i jest i jest

i jest i jest
    Its ok, I was joking too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

hey

Fiona and I ran the cosplay show and lolita fashion show. I am on the Experience Japan committee and look after the cosplay and Japanese fashion so if you have any feedback, regarding the good, bad and the ugly please give me a pm or say so here.

You said that the cosplay show was weak, I would appreciate it if you could explain why it was weak, perhaps give suggestions on ways we can improve for next year.

That goes for everyone who attended, we would appreciate your feedback and suggestions for next year. :)

Both myself and stealth got a kick out of the show. I thought all the cosplayers were very well done. And in the end it's once they have fun showing off their costumes, thats the main thing.

Haha Allen. Did anyone get to check out the Shakuhachi? I really woulda loved to hear it, I learned about it in a book I've read call Blowing Zen and it sounds really cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Great day overall, really nice atmosphere and vibe to the place. Would be cool to see it expand in coming years (if the money is there, that is!).

Someone mentioned Sushi King earlier and how bad the food was, and I have to agree. I tried a bit of my friend's €10 mild curry dish, and it was dry as hell! He was more than pissed off with it himself, so after binning it he went back to the woman manager and asked for a refund. After some bickering and eyebrow-raising amongst the customers (and half-hearted threats of calling security) the woman finally handed over his tenner!

Was he right in doing so? I don't really care either way, cos he treated me and another friend to one of those lovely crepes as a victory celebration! :D

Also, props to the adorable Taokaka cosplayer, and that mysterious red Oni Samurai!

• Advertisement

Well if you spend a tenner on food you expect it to be decent quality and if not up to a standard you paid for your mate was in the right,

Saruwatari wrote: »

Someone mentioned Sushi King earlier and how bad the food was, and I have to agree. I tried a bit of my friend's €10 mild curry dish, and it was dry as hell! He was more than pissed off with it himself, so after binning it he went back to the woman manager and asked for a refund. After some bickering and eyebrow-raising amongst the customers (and half-hearted threats of calling security) the woman finally handed over his tenner!

Was he right in doing so?

Yes of couese he was. We are all for pleasing the customers and want to make sure everyone has a good time and that includes enjoying the Japanese food which is important part of Japanese culture. Paying 10E for food is alot of money and if the food does not taste up to standards then you have the right to demand a refund or negotiate otherwise.

The fact it took some bickering to get the refund is not good either and doesn't satisfy the customer. Thank you for this feedback and will take note of this for our upcoming meeting.:)
    Also, props to the adorable Taokaka cosplayer, and that mysterious red Oni Samurai!

Yeah that is Gemma, she is very skilled, a great cosplayer and her Taokaka cosplay was cute. I seen that Samurai walk around, very impressive. I wonder who was the man behind the armour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Was it not Sushi King that catered for Eirtakon? Who ever did their food was delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

:o

Thank you!! Hope I helped enlighten the world of cosplay for you! :pac:

Had a great day, want to say a big thanks to Amy for asking me to help her out! Had great fun doing the cosplay talk with her.

Great turnout with all the cosplayers and lolita girls there.

:o

Thank you!! Hope I helped enlighten the world of cosplay for you! :pac:

Had a great day, want to say a big thanks to Amy for asking me to help her out! Had great fun doing the cosplay talk with her.

Great turnout with all the cosplayers and lolita girls there.

I live with/am about to marry an anime nut i know all about cosplay. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Was it not Sushi King that catered for Eirtakon? Who ever did their food was delicious!
    I may be mistaken but I'm almost 90% certain that the Eirtakon catering was done by The Helix's in-house catering staff.

Lucky you Allan, dressup central! It'll be cosplay all over at your wedding lol :P

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Had a great time, took some photos, will link to the flickr album later :)

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Lucky you Allan, dressup central! It'll be cosplay all over at your wedding lol :P

She won't let me and the other groomsmen wear the Sgt Peppers uniform, even her dad wants to do that :P

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Finally got around to uploading those pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andysflickrphotos/

Advertisement