Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lol, digital distribution surprised me alot 5 mins ago...Pricing thread...

Options
  • 16-03-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So I just jumped on to xbox, while I was Waiting for my friend I just trilled marketplace...

Games on demand... Okay... Oh look halo reach, I wonder how much it will be? Irbid xbox exclusive, so maybe ms makes sure all it's customers get a slice of it?

Price tag: 69:00eu.....

I could say a thing.... Atleast I know steam is not that bad...

Seriuosly....70eu for a game on theyr own network and marketplace... Which is not brand new brw...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Yup, I've always said, games are way to expensive!

It's crazy the price they even sell some pre-owned games at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Had a look on the US marketplace for Reach: $49.99
    It is utter bull how there is such a price variation tbh. I do not even see the logic of selling it at $49.99 either seeing how you do not get the disc itself, and you need to use time, bandwidth and drive space to get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Said it to AceyBongos (Xbox Community Manager, Europe) on Twitter. His reply? "Up to you mate! Buy it from the shop if you want."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Gaming in gerenal is a very expensive hobby. I'd pay a fair whack for a game, but I wouldn't pay it for a digital copy. If I'm buying a game, I want to be able to leave the shop with the game in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

deathrider wrote: »
    Gaming in gerenal is a very expensive hobby. I'd pay a fair whack for a game, but I wouldn't pay it for a digital copy. If I'm buying a game, I want to be able to leave the shop with the game in my hand.

Nothing wrong with digital copy. I love steam...

My problem is: the game that can be bought now for 35eu from amy major websites costs 70eu on xbox marketplace.... Thisis just stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Atleast I know steam is not that bad...

Steam can be pretty bad at times: http://store.steampowered.com/app/10180/?snr=1_4_4__13

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

With Steam it's publishers who set the prices (I noticed you linked to Activision who seem to hate all their customers, who rarely partake in Steam deals and when they do there's generally a whopping 10% off). However, they often have fantastic sales on which more than balances out the rubbish prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

With Steam it's publishers who set the prices (I noticed you linked to Activision who seem to hate all their customers, who rarely partake in Steam deals and when they do there's generally a whopping 10% off). However, they often have fantastic sales on which more than balances out the rubbish prices.

I'm just comparing one digital marketplace to another.

I've heard that publishers set their prices on Steam. Didn't seem necessary to point it out in this instance... though I do enjoy a bit of Activision-bashing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

With Steam it's publishers who set the prices

Thats absolving steam of blame. They deserve a good ass kicking.

Steam implemented a 1:1 ratio with dollar to euro two years ago. For no reason other than to gouge european customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Xbox 360 Games On Demand is, to my mind, a proof of concept with the main aim being to establish the idea of buying full console games digitally. It'll be the main product at some point in the future - and hence cheaper - but not untill the retailers' influence diminishes and there's far better broadband infrastructure in key markets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement