Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on getting into town tomorrow for a gig

Options
  • 16-03-2011 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

So my band is playing a gig tomorrow, St Patrick's Day, in the Mercantile. Only thing is, its at half four in the afternoon and I've no idea how I'm going to get the car in and parked to bring my gear (three guitars) in. Anyone got any advice or know which way I can go to get close?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I would have advised to going in the night before and parking somewhere, presumably no ticket officers out on St Patrick's Day, so you'd have to leave the car (in a well lit area) overnight. As it stands I'd perhaps recommend a taxi, at least you don't have to worry about parking, maybe the venue will hold your gear for you until the morning of the 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

It worked out OK in the end. I got to park on the quays opposite Messr Maguires (thanks to the Gard who let me past the barriers) and it was a walk up (twice, there and back) so it all worked out.

Advertisement