Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Dublin & Belfast Gigs Announced

Options
  • 16-03-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Dublin - August 3rd, The Academy
    Belfast - August 4th, Spring & Airbrake
    Belfast tickets onsale 9am on Fri 18th March, Dublin tickets onsale Mon 21st from ticketmaster.

:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Get the **** in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

With who supporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

That's my summer made...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

That's my summer made...

There's only one person I know who would adopt their name as Snake on this forum, well played, and welcome to Boards;)

There's only one person I know who would adopt their name as Snake on this forum, well played, and welcome to Boards;)
    I concur!

But, ehm... He's been here since December 2005. ;)

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    But, ehm... He's been here since December 2005. ;)

Umm...my bad...still....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

There is only one true Snake and that be mise!

Any news on pricing of the tickets? Or if they are actually going on sale tomorrow?

Any news on pricing of the tickets? Or if they are actually going on sale tomorrow?

Belfast tickets are on sale already, for about £16GBP

Astonishingly the Glasgow tickets are also on sale - for £12GBP!

Belfast tickets are on sale already, for about £16GBP

Astonishingly the Glasgow tickets are also on sale - for £12GBP!
    So that means around €38 for Dublin then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭eoindrummer

Onsale today, doesn't seem so. Not a word from the MCD or ticketmaster sites and the ticketmaster office in Cork city hasn't any word either of the tickets going on sale.
    Starting to worry a little bit now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Checked the academys website nothing there either :o

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭eoindrummer

Was the source legit or what? I mean, there's been no word from DEP themselves about it, nothing from The Academy, Ticketmaster or MCD about it. I'd might as well just get a ticket to the Belfast show to make sure I actually see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Apparently the source was an MCD employee's facebook and the announcement is coming.
    http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47381
    I know it sounds dodgy but if H (from DME) says a gig is happening, it's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

They're going fast from what I've been told, get them now!

Got 'em.

Just got 2 there too.... Looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 doodle_bear

MURDOCK are supporting Dillinger at The Academy, Dublin. August 3rd.

get in!

http://www.facebook.com/murdocknoise

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wouldn't mind going to this,have gotten into dillenger in a big way lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm not familiar with Murdock but I'll be checking them out in advance of the gig.

• Advertisement

Hope they send me my tickets now before the gig!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Malice wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with Murdock but I'll be checking them out in advance of the gig.

Probably the best Irish band for this gig, they're on Scuzz and those channels late some nights. Real solid live considering there's only 3 of them :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

*mini-bump* Just saw the posters for this last week and am definitely pleased. Will have to give these Murdock lads a listen.

Most definitely looking forward to this now. Appropriate tunes will be loaded into the car shortly for the drive across the country from Galway to Dublin. Thankfully one of my mates volunteered to do the driving :).

Due to an unfortunate series of events I cannae go to this this evening... I have 2 tickets for sale... Only looking for cost price so thats €40.

* Normally i'd never stick an ad up in here but I realise the people who come in here genuinely like the music in question so i'd rather it went to you guys*

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

looking forward to this tonight :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

DrumSteve: I cross-posted your ticket notification on the Ticket Thread

Hopefully you'll find some way to get out of whatever has come up and you'll be able to make the gig ;).

Malice wrote: »
    DrumSteve: I cross-posted your ticket notification on the Ticket Thread

Hopefully you'll find some way to get out of whatever has come up and you'll be able to make the gig ;).

Thanks Malice... Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

As usual, a pretty intense gig.

Murdock were alright - some tunes were just plain and dull metalcore, stuff I've heard dozens of times before, some others were much better. Dillinger are clearly an inspiration for them. Their track "We Will All Be Equal In The Grave" was quite enjoyable. They even told us a bit more about it - "It's about zombies".

Also, the clean vocals were ****e.

Dillinger, as awesome as ever. I've seen them a couple of times, including twice at Hellfest, and Weinmann was jumping all over the place again. As for Puciato, I should be used to his antics by now - but every time he's still brilliant.

Highlights for tonight included jumping in the middle of the pit, making everyone (you read me correctly) in the room sit down, singing while sitting down in the middle of us AND starting a sitting moshpit - that was a first for me. He also went down in the pit with the mic stand, and had everyone jump on it and shout at it on the count of three. And, as usual, he spent more time in the crowd (sitting, standing, moshing or crowd-surfing) that on stage.

Music-wise, they played a fairly balanced set with stuff from about every album (as far as I could remember). The micro was a bit too low at first, but they seemed to have fixed it at some point. Otherwise, brilliant Dillinger stuff.

All in all, very nice gig. It ended at something like 22.15, so people could go back home and get to work tomorrow - nice touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Jealous.

Advertisement