Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bryan Robson, Throat Cancer

• 16-03-2011 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Right, before anyone spoofs shoite at me, I dont see any thread on this...

Robson was a legend of a player. He has not had the most successful time as a manager since his playing days finished but anyone who grew up in the 80s would remember him as a rock of a player.

He is the manager of Thailand now (where its possible he has made them an even worse team :p) but he has had his medical treatment there, I am led to believe Bangkok is not short on first class treatment so I think and hope he gets a full recovery.

Robbo, scorer of a WC goal after 27 seconds against the French, reason enough to like him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJio5ZcBLLA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Legend of a player - get well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Greatest United midfielder of my lifetime. If he meets this challenge like he did his time on the football pitch, cancer will be getting a major hiding from Robbo. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭rednik

My thoughts are with Bryan and his family, hope he makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hopefully will recover if true. A real united legend in a time when the word is bandied around too lightly and probably my favourite united player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wish him a speedy recovery. True legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I remember watching him back in the day, when my brothers had Match of the Day on - on a Saturday night and I would be trying to stay up late by pretending to be interested in Man U, before there was such a thing as Sky Sports.

I wish him a speedy recovery and I genuinely hope the reports that he can recover from this are true.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Speedy recovery - legend of a player to be fair.

Advertisement