Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkway Drive- The acadmey,June.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

nice.I'll be headin to this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'll be there, looking forward to this one. Have been listening to Horizons an awful lot in the past year and I wasn't expecting them to play a gig here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Its on my Birthday . . . . Tempting . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'll go, i was suprised there was an irish date. Monuments are support, It sounded alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

will be there with bells on............really looking forward to this one!

frAg

For heavier gigs like this in the Academy do they put the balcony off limits or can u still go up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

bradlente wrote: »
    For heavier gigs like this in the Academy do they put the balcony off limits or can u still go up there?

What difference does it make how heavy the gig is? :confused:

What difference does it make how heavy the gig is? :confused:

Well there'll be moshing and the like,just thought they might do it as a safety measure.Jumping off balconies FTW:P

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I really cant believe this, i'm soooo looking forward to this gig.

saw them already a few times live, i can tell u one thing: will be sooo great!

hope some nice bands will follow their example and come more often to dublin or cork :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

week and a half to go...............................anyone up for pre gig brewskies??

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Midnight organ

Cannot wait!! pre-brews has to be done considering the lack of booze once inside the academy that night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

omg im not sure if i can make it:eek:

but if im able to, anybody up to meet before or something? im on my own, coming from cork...anybody need a lift?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

That was an amazing gig. My neck is in bits, I'm just back from Helfest yesterday and now after this that's the last I'll be throwing the head around for a while.

Thank effin' Christ I got there a little early though. They were already onstage when I got to the Academy at quarter-to-nine. I would have been leering if I had missed any songs but after a quick check online it looks like Unrest is the set opener on the tour, so I think I'm in the clear.

Delighted we got Levitation I, probably my favourite song off the new album and didn't know they were playing it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Midnight organ

Cracking gig!!!
    Only downside was a run in with two complete goons at the back who decided bullying kids was great craic.. complete fools!
    Deliver me and romance had to be my highlights :)

****ing great gig,the lads looked like they left if all up on stage by the end,The singer was in bits!

Was really impressed now,Didn't expect that quality of a performance and thought the sound was great too,1st time in the Academy.

Advertisement