Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitelink to Greystones

Options
  • 16-03-2011 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Just wondering are many familiar with nitelink services to greystones? How long is it likely to take me to get from town to here? My vague recollections from years ago aren't good but might give it a go again, don't fancy forking out for a taxi!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

chocgirl wrote: »
    Hi there

Just wondering are many familiar with nitelink services to greystones? How long is it likely to take me to get from town to here? My vague recollections from years ago aren't good but might give it a go again, don't fancy forking out for a taxi!

45 mins or so from College Green to Greystones station.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

also, according to this thread the terminus for the 84N is moving to D'Olier St from next week

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The finnegans bus at 3am goes to Greystones too. It goes through almost all of Bray though. It's handy cause it goes through Charlesland but does take a long time

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Is there any possible way to get home from town late on a sun/mon/tues/wed without having to pay for a taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Finnegans do Sunday night of bank holidays.

• Advertisement

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Is there any possible way to get home from town late on a sun/mon/tues/wed without having to pay for a taxi?
    no

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Luas to cherrywood and then taxi ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Isn't the last luas half 12 or something though:( I've tried taxi and nitelink now for weekend nights and reckon hotel in town is the best way to go:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

if your getting a taxi you set the price and keep stopping taxi's until someone will take the fare.... my girlfriend did this one night and we got home for 30-35 quid instead of the 50-60 we were being told the first couple of cabs.. I'd say during the week it will be even easier to haggle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

There is the aircoach but you would have to go down to the point for that. There is also a Bus Eireann bus that goes to Wexford along the N11 (002 maybe) but you would have to get off on the N11 and get a taxi from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Good tip about the taxis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

There is the aircoach but you would have to go down to the point for that.

Not sure it will pick up from there.

Think its drop off only from the airport.

Damo9090 wrote: »

They couldn't - they only have a licence to pick up at airport and scheduled stops to airport

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

there's always this way!walkingfeet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Damo9090 wrote: »

Once tried to go to the Point using the Aircoach and they definitely won't let you get off anywhere before the Airport. It's the complete opposite on the way back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

skelly22 wrote: »

there's always this way!walkingfeet.jpg

Oh Holy God no...

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

wardie214 wrote: »
    Once tried to go to the Point using the Aircoach and they definitely won't let you get off anywhere before the Airport. It's the complete opposite on the way back:)

Will they pick you up from the point though? Or do they just let people off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Hey guys,

What's the best way to get from the city centre to Greystones on Sunday night/Monday morning? Just wondering if there's certain services not running as it's a bank holiday weekend. I'm guessing Finnegan's might be the best bet...

Renn wrote: »
    Hey guys,

What's the best way to get from the city centre to Greystones on Sunday night/Monday morning? Just wondering if there's certain services not running as it's a bank holiday weekend. I'm guessing Finnegan's might be the best bet...

yeah finnegans 3am

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement