Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in city centre

Options
  • 16-03-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a nice restaurant in the city centre? My 21st is on Mother's day and I'll be in Dublin so my family and I want to go somewhere nice for lunch/dinner. Ideally somewhere in the city centre but we'd be willing to travel (just not more than 20-30 minutes outside city).
    Money isn't really a huge concern, I think the parents can afford to blow the budget for the occasion!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

there's hundreds, any preferences? type of food?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Somewhere a bit special! Not fussed about the type of food but don't really want a chinese/ indian etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

a bit special = expensive? :D

with out putting too much effort into a search i'd say you wouldn't go too wrong with the stephen's green area e.g. thorntons, shanahans, citron etc. there's a couple on dawson street too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Peploes is great for a special occasion. Fallon and Byrnes is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ltech

I am new here so unsure how to start a new thread :confused:
    Has anyone had the Tapas at a function at Fallon & byrne? we are renting the room and are thinking of the family style tapas but are wondering if they are filling enough?? The function is around 6.30pm. Any info would be appreciated - thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fivestar

I've been top a fair few restaurants north and south of the liffey and none have been better than Pearl Brasserie (Merrion row I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 AWD4

Never had the tapas in Fallon and Byrne, but if the dishes they serve in the Wine cellar downstairs or the quality of their food in their restaurant are to go by, I would be confident enough. ;)

Advertisement