Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got Hyperdimension Neptunia yet?

Options
  • 16-03-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭

It came out here last week and looks absolutely bonkers, so much so that I'm suprised it made it outside Japan. The basic story is that the current generation consoles (Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii) are personified as characters in the game and......I'm not really able to make out anything else. Think I might have to grab it for curiousity's sake as much as anything else.

Edit - Actually, forget about it. 2/10 and it sounds just awful http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-08-hyperdimension-neptunia-review

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's made by Idea Factory. The japanese know this company as Idea Fuck, the place where Ideas go to get ****ed. They have never made a game that has been anything more than absolute scutter. They are far and away the worse developer out there at the moment. If you see it's made by idea **** then stay the **** away!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are they a new company?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They've been around a while pumping out god awful pandering anime based RPGs with questionably aged moe girls in them at an alarming rate. A few of their games have made it to europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Sooooo.... Should I pick it up?

As I said it's Idea Fuck so NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I've platinumed it, it's pretty fun, certainly not a fantastic game but the script is really funny and it's full of games industry in-jokes. You'd have to be a long time gamer and possibly an old sega fan to get a lot of it though.

Advertisement