Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman and kids that drowned at Down Patrick Head

Options
  • 16-03-2011 8:59pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well i was at Down Patrick Head recently and heard about a woman and her kids who are supposed to have jumped in to the blow hole never to be seen again!
    I dont know if this is an urban myth or not as i have heard a few versions of the story like she drove the car in , she was trying to escape her husband and she had searous mental issues ! RIP to all killed if it is true.
    But can anyone sehd some light on the story ? Or is it a myth ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Its true I'm afraid. And all the bodies were recovered afaik. Iirc it was in the mid seventies. She was from that general area. Very sad. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭hsi

Its a Barbaric site. During one of the irish rebellions Men woman and children were herded into the hole.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

hsi wrote: »
    Its a Barbaric site. During one of the irish rebellions Men woman and children were herded into the hole.

Is that true? wow shocking stuff.:eek:

There was an O'Malley lad from Louisburgh who was lost in that region I THINK there last year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Its true I'm afraid. And all the bodies were recovered afaik. Iirc it was in the mid seventies. She was from that general area. Very sad. RIP.

Ohh that is sad ? RIP to them! Do you know why , or more about the story! i think its really tradgic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Locker10a wrote: »
    Ohh that is sad ? RIP to them! Do you know why , or more about the story! i think its really tradgic :(

My full recollection is a bit hazy. In any case, please understand it would be unfair to go into that case in any detail, as there are relations of the parties involved still living in that area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement