Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Copper coast in Waterford?

• 16-03-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,trying to plan my weekend.Anyone here take pics down around the copper coast? Whats the best time sunrise or sunset?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

stabo wrote: »
    Hey folks,trying to plan my weekend.Anyone here take pics down around the copper coast? Whats the best time sunrise or sunset?

I've been down to the Copper Coast twice in the last few months. It's a lovely spot, but it's not a great time of year for sunrise or sunset, as the sun is rising and setting too far north to be of much use. If it's good light you're looking for, and not actual pictures with the sun in them, you should be OK.

My favourite spots are Kilfarrasy Strand, and Ballydowane Bay. Both of them are stunning spots in just about anything bar midday sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Cheers for reply,yeah not really looking for shots of the sun just good light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Whats the best time sunrise or sunset?

http://www.earthtools.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Whats the best time sunrise or sunset?

Great bit of free software is TPE (The Photographers Ephemeris) from http://photoephemeris.com/
    DougL wrote: »
    I've been down to the Copper Coast twice in the last few months. It's a lovely spot ........ My favourite spots are Kilfarrasy Strand, and Ballydowane Bay. Both of them are stunning spots in just about anything bar midday sun.

Doug had a few of us down at Kilfarrasy Strand a couple of weeks ago. Its a bit burried, but a beautiful spot & well worth the trip ;)

Great bit of free software is TPE (The Photographers Ephemeris) from http://photoephemeris.com/

Doug had a few of us down at Kilfarrasy Strand a couple of weeks ago. Its a bit burried, but a beautiful spot & well worth the trip ;)
    Yeah ive downloaded it before but could'nt get it working on my mac. Must try it again.
    Going to head to Kilfarrasy and few other spots. cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Bunmahon beach is very nice actually, interesting stuff looking to your right as you get on the beach if I remember well.
    While you're down there, what's interesting if you get back onto the main road just outside Dungarvan are the Mahon Falls, great scenery, and on a clear day, great panoramic onto the coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Waterford has some great photographic opportunities and is one of the few counties where you can actually drive ALONG the coast, a few metres from the sea.

You can drive all the way from Tramore to Dungarvan, and the views are stunning. As another poster said, Bunmahon, Annestown, Stradbally, Benvoy, etc are all great spots.

The Mahon falls are beautiful, and the approach to them - the Comeragh Drive - is fantastic (signposted in several places from the main Waterford City to Dungarvan road).

However, if you go as far as Dungarvan, and turn off at the Master McGrath Monument just beyond it - take the road for Clonmel - you will travel between the two mountain ranges - the Comeragh and Knockmealdown mountains - which really is awesome.

If you can get to the Vee (just beyond Lismore) the view into County Tipperary from the viewpoint is - in my opinion - one of the highlights of Ireland.

Enjoy!

Cheers for that info Freddie, yeah those beaches are on my list.Was down there a few weeks ago with work but the fog was crazy. Been to Mahon falls when i first got my cam, must do it again.
    This is a great site for the overall weather,my mate has a scuba diving company in Wexford and reckons its always spot on.
    http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/forecast

stabo if the weather stays the way it is now (greyish white unbroken cover sky) your best bet for photos is to stay along the sea... The Vee and Comeraghs are not the best under this cloud :(. So if you've spare time, from Dungarvan (outside of town onto Cork road) take left for An Rinn, Helvick is nice , and head for Ardmore, that's another nice road.

A bit further on from the Spar in An Rinn as if you were driving to Helvick pier, there are one or 2 tiny roads climbing up to Ballynagaul at the top of Helvick Head, with a great whale watching layby (looks out towards Ardmore direction). Have a look on Google maps, it's a perfect "buckle" sort of a road.

Also some very nice spots on your left on way down to Ardmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

stabo if the weather stays the way it is now (greyish white unbroken cover sky) your best bet for photos is to stay along the sea... The Vee and Comeraghs are not the best under this cloud :(. So if you've spare time, from Dungarvan (outside of town onto Cork road) take left for An Rinn, Helvick is nice , and head for Ardmore, that's another nice road.

A bit further on from the Spar in An Rinn as if you were driving to Helvick pier, there are one or 2 tiny roads climbing up to Ballynagaul at the top of Helvick Head, with a great whale watching layby (looks out towards Ardmore direction). Have a look on Google maps, it's a perfect "buckle" sort of a road.

Also some very nice spots on your left on way down to Ardmore.

+1 to that. Ardmore and An Rinn are truly beautiful spots.

@stabo. Thanks for the link!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Stabo
    As Mountainsandh said "Also some very nice spots on your left on way down to Ardmore."

And Freddie59 agreed "+1 to that. Ardmore and An Rinn are truly beautiful spots."

You also have Mine Head Lighthouse:The highest lighthouse above sea level in Ireland.
    5534059167_ca37be197c_m.jpg
    and a number of little beaches between Dungarvan & Ardmore. If you need directions or any help if coming to this area give me a shout by PM.

Stabo
    As Mountainsandh said "Also some very nice spots on your left on way down to Ardmore."

And Freddie59 agreed "+1 to that. Ardmore and An Rinn are truly beautiful spots."

You also have Mine Head Lighthouse:The highest lighthouse above sea level in Ireland.
    and a number of little beaches between Dungarvan & Ardmore. If you need directions or any help if coming to this area give me a shout by PM.

I was hoping you might take it from there allright, I always chance my arm for the turn left around your parts to that lovely cove with the river and the stones with holes. :D I've tried directing people there and failed miserably.

Advertisement