Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable taxi company

Options
  • 16-03-2011 9:20pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a quick question, I hope mods don't mind me asking here.
    My sister is starting Teaching Practice on Monday morning in the Griffith Avenue area. She walked the route from her house today and it's 45 minutes on a good day, in casual clothes, not carrying any supplies. The route is not served by bus so she needs to book a taxi for the first few mornings at least and she needs to know that the company she books with are reputable (ie won't be late or do a no-show).

If anyone could recommend a good taxi firm in the Drumcondra area could they please PM me the details, and I stress PM, the last thing I want is this to turn into a shill-fest.

Many thanks in advance,

A-C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tbh I wouldn't bother booking a cab.

On any day of the week your never more than a few seconds waiting on the road for a taxi, and you save the booking fee.

A few companies will offer you a 20% discount on the fare, I hate these because the drive doesn't get a 20% discount on his base fee's.

Anyway, hail on the road would be my advice in this over serviced area.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

NRC Taxis - 4544070 are very good - use them in work & they've never let me down.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Tbh I wouldn't bother booking a cab.

On any day of the week your never more than a few seconds waiting on the road for a taxi, and you save the booking fee.

A few companies will offer you a 20% discount on the fare, I hate these because the drive doesn't get a 20% discount on his base fee's.

Anyway, hail on the road would be my advice in this over serviced area.

n11 near cornelscourt is a nightmare to get a taxi in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Are drivers obliged to take assigned jobs? I thought drivers elected to take jobs usually?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

ballooba wrote: »
    Are drivers obliged to take assigned jobs? I thought drivers elected to take jobs usually?

The driver is not obliged to take the job but may incur a time penalty for refusal.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement