Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know of any 60D deals atm?

• 16-03-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

I have been thinking seriously about a new camera for a while now. Due to financial constraints, I was going to go with another Canon Powershot bridge. However I had an unexpected small windfall (when I say small, I mean a couple of hundred €) today so it now makes the possibility of a 60D almost within my grasp.

I have spent a while online trying to compare prices and search for bargains. I am wondering if anyone here can point me to a good deal ?

Many thanks as always

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭woody_2000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

woody_2000 wrote: »

Yea I saw that. Still need to shave a few 10ths off that kinda money though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

I plan on going for this in a couple of weeks (:

The Amazon price seems to be around as good as it gets ATM.

Unless the 18-55mm kit for a bit less (e.g. just over €900 shipped from here)

Or maybe a cheaper competing brand camera, such as the Nikon D90 w/18-105 kit lens...

Or maybe wait for the price to come down a bit, and save a bit in the meantime - if you're not in a hurry...

Telchak wrote: »
    I plan on going for this in a couple of weeks (:

Looks good! but it's in Hong Kong. 99% chance customs will stop it and charge you the VAT plus handling fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

dnme wrote: »
    looks good!

The seller has a good rep, so would be legit.

I know some people may worry about warranty issues and such, but I've had a 350D for four years that I've brought across hundreds of kilometers of mountains in Ireland and it hasn't a scratch... so what I'm saying is, unless you're the kind of person that worries about those things... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

I bought mine from here a few weeks ago. Despatched from Reading, a bit slow but other than that no problems.
    http://electronics.simplyelectronics.net/search?currency=eur&w=canon+eos+60D&gclid=CIDShYys1KcCFQod4QoduBCv9A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

DigitalRev have the EOS 60D for just over €800 (shipping incl) UK sourced so no VAT or Duty to be paid!!!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I bought mine from here a few weeks ago. Despatched from Reading, a bit slow but other than that no problems.
    http://electronics.simplyelectronics.net/search?currency=eur&w=canon+eos+60D&gclid=CIDShYys1KcCFQod4QoduBCv9A

Im just too afraid to buy from there!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I bought my 450D (plus the lens kit) off a guy called Ian Kerr. His email is kerso1123@msn.com

I checked my emails from around chistmas, and did a search for the 60D.

6th December 2010
    Canon 60D £715

Canon 60D 18-135mm IS kit £975

21st December 2010
    Canon 60D £699

=-=

Now, this guys buys them in the USA, pays the vat import into Scotland, so you get a UK warranty. He accepts bank transfer and a few other methods. If you go through paypal, it's an extra 3% I think. Google his email address, and you'll find many other happy customers.

Please note, prices depend on exchange rates with the dollar and sterling, so these may have changed. As sterling is strong against the dollar atm, you may get a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DigitalRev

Would €859.00 all inclusive a good price? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

the_syco wrote: »
    I bought my 450D (plus the lens kit) off a guy called Ian Kerr. His email is kerso1123@msn.com

I checked my emails from around chistmas, and did a search for the 60D.

6th December 2010
    Canon 60D £715

Canon 60D 18-135mm IS kit £975

21st December 2010
    Canon 60D £699

=-=

Now, this guys buys them in the USA, pays the vat import into Scotland, so you get a UK warranty. He accepts bank transfer and a few other methods. If you go through paypal, it's an extra 3% I think. Google his email address, and you'll find many other happy customers.

Please note, prices depend on exchange rates with the dollar and sterling, so these may have changed. As sterling is strong against the dollar atm, you may get a good deal.

all a bit cloak and dagger no? Reminds me of the Equalizer or the A-Team.

"If you can find him, maybe you too can hire Ian Kerr!"

These guys have a couple of different url's AFAICR. I think this is a guy operating out of his bedroom. Website shows no address, no company number.......................No way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭el_greco

€790 body only or €1100 with 17-85 in Pixsavers in Pavillions. They dont have it in stock, but they can order it in.
    I have been looking around as well for that camera and it is by far the best price I have seen outside ebay!

I've just realised that Canon have a 600D. It's is remarkably similar to the 60D, in fact it's practically the same camera. Might re-start my search.

I've just realised that Canon have a 600D. It's is remarkably similar to the 60D, in fact it's practically the same camera. Might re-start my search.

I was going to suggest the 600D - but there's not much difference in price, ATM. I'd carefully consider the difference between both cameras, and maybe check them out first hand, before making a decision between these two models... The 600D is newer and just on the market, so the price difference may not be that great ATM... There is also the 550D, which is out a while, which is not much lower in spec. than the 600D.

The new 1100D may also be worth considering, if you're on a tight budget...

I was going to suggest the 600D - but there's not much difference in price, ATM. I'd carefully consider the difference between both cameras, and maybe check them out first hand, before making a decision between these two models... The 600D is newer and just on the market, so the price difference may not be that great ATM... There is also the 550D, which is out a while, which is not much lower in spec. than the 600D.

The new 1100D may also be worth considering, if you're on a tight budget...

Thanks woody, the big seller for me is the articulated screen. I have been waiting for a DSLR with an artic screen for ages.

Thanks woody, the big seller for me is the articulated screen. I have been waiting for a DSLR with an artic screen for ages.

Actually, I had guessed that the articulated screen was maybe your motivation...

The Nikon D5000 is another DSLR that has an articulated screen, albeit a lower resolution screen... It can be got with a kit lens for under €600... By accounts, it's a good camera - and may be worth checking out -- if you don't mind the brand, or the fact that it's now an older model (it's still a current model in Nikon's DSLR lineup)...

• Advertisement

Actually, I had guessed that the articulated screen was maybe your motivation...

The Nikon D5000 is another DSLR that has an articulated screen, albeit a lower resolution screen... It can be got with a kit lens for under €600... By accounts, it's a good camera - and may be worth checking out -- if you don't mind the brand, or the fact that it's now an older model (it's still a current model in Nikon's DSLR lineup)...

It's actually only €489 in bermingham's, but it's not in the current line up for nikon. It was discontinued a while back.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    It's actually only €489 in bermingham's, but it's not in the current line up for nikon. It was discontinued a while back.

It seems to be still a current model, and there has been no replacement for it... yet...

It can be seen in their DSLR lineup here:

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/digitalcamera/slr/index.htm

And here:

http://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/products/product_summary_list.page?sParamValueLbl=Digital%20Cameras&sParam1ValueLbl=SLR&sSubnav2ParamLbl=Consumer&ParamValue=Digital%20Cameras&Subnav1Param=SLR&Subnav2Param=Consumer&Subnav3Param=0&RunQuery=l3&ID=0

That's a good price. Staying behind the curve a bit, can mean the possibility of getting a good price... Cameracenter.ie had it on their website for €500 (with kit VR lens) not too long ago...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm not entirely sure what constitutes a good price for the 60D, but I scarcely find better prices for anything than those on One Stop Digital. They're held in high esteem here I think (which is how I came across them). I bought a lens from them, great to deal with. Free shipping, and if you're stung by customs they refund it.

Anyway, 60D:

Body only: €807.02.

Body with EF-S 18-135mm IS Lens: €1,070.81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Kbeg3 wrote: »

Ok, it looks like it is officially discontinued - according to the link... It hasn't been officially replaced yet, though...

Replacement rumour references: here...

Looking forward to checking out the spec. of any replacement...

Ok, it looks like it is officially discontinued - according to the link... It hasn't been officially replaced yet, though...

Replacement rumour references: here...

Looking forward to checking out the spec. of any replacement...
    The Nikon D5100 won’t be the cheapest model in Nikon’s DSLR line-up – there’s still the D7000 – but will most likely be the most affordable to feature video and live view.
    From the second rumour link you posted. WTF?

Jimdagym wrote: »
    From the second rumour link you posted. WTF?

WTF is right. That statement is quite confused.

The D3100 is the cheapest model, and has both video and live view...

I just noticed my own link is a bit confused also. I should have checked it properly before posting it.

I guess I just know Canon, I have had a 50D (sold it last year) and a couple of Powershot Bridge models. So I like the fact that I can pick up any Canon and immediately use it. I know the menus, the buttons etc. Never used a Nikon. Never even held one. Bit reluctant to start now.

Advertisement