Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Zomboid - Minecraft Style Zombie Survival

Options
  • 16-03-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

Saw this game last night and I have to say it looks fantastic

http://outforafight.wordpress.com/2011/03/16/project-zomboid/

It's basically a zombie survival rpg with loads of unique ideas. Seems like what I always hope zombie games will be, before they turn out to be a disappointment.

The devs are trying to raise funds to make it minecraft style, so hopefully they can get it done. It's fairly ambitious but with fairly simple graphics they might manage to fit in a lot of their ideas in the way minecraft has.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

interesting stuff. its a good concept alright which I would love to see in a better looking more modern game I must say, but still I'll keep an eye on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Fannymcslap

I've donated to this game twice already, it'd be an absolute crime to not see the project come to fruition as some of their ideas for it are frankly fantastic. Only 3 devs as well and they all seem to have a fantastic attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Very Interesting! Not only do I enjoy zombie games but I like Isometric Combat views as well (X-com Apocalypse being one of my favourite games of all time). Donated some money and will look forward to it's release :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Has anything at all been released for this game? Could be a big fat scam yeah?

Looks interesting though...

Nice cynicism there bud. I'm following the three of them on twitter, watching the forums and their blog posts.

If they're scamming us they're putting a cockload of work into it and have quite frankly earned their 20 blips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

That looks like it'd be pretty good fun. Especially if you can play with friends. It'd be fun exploring with people you know.

I'll definitely keep an eye on it and will probably end up donating since you get the game and all updates with it anyway.

First gameplay footage released, ridiculously early build but it shuts up the cynical whingers at least.

First impressions are the sound/music are awesome and the controls look to be solid:

http://www.plughead.net/project-zomboid-footage

First gameplay footage released, ridiculously early build but it shuts up the cynical whingers at least.

First impressions are the sound/music are awesome and the controls look to be solid:

http://www.plughead.net/project-zomboid-footage

Yeah that looks good, especially for so early in development. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the other survival aspects in the future

Me too man, I'm really looking forward to this. They're saying the first payable alpha will be around the end of April but it'll mostly be combat oriented I'd say. check out their forums though, the community is really starting to pick up speed.

Me too man, I'm really looking forward to this. They're saying the first payable alpha will be around the end of April but it'll mostly be combat oriented I'd say. check out their forums though, the community is really starting to pick up speed.

Awesome, I will indeed. With this much support all ready I'm sure that it'll take off for them.

• Advertisement

Couldn't agree more, the amount of incredible ideas being generated in the forums is amazing, heavily helped by the fact that the devs are just as active there as the potential players.

Just so you all know the pre-orderers got their access to the game yesterday and a public release will happen in the next day or two.

By the way, it's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

This is coming to Steam early access tomorrow. If you've previously bought the game you first need to activate it on Desura and then on Steam. You might need to dig back through your e-mails for the google checkout receipt. This should hopefully make keeping track of the latest build a little easier.

Also, they're upping the price from tomorrow but it'll still be available at the low price today on Desura.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I bought it about a year and half to two years ago,
    Its grand game, Different compared to other zombie survival games as it takes things like hungry, energy, boredom, depression, fear, how the weather effects you and much more. You can get sick, you can even turn into a zombie yourself if you get attacked bad enough and manage to escape. You can even become an alcoholic, I haven't played it in about 6 months but they are constantly adding stuff to the game. I think they have construction in the game now so you can build your own shelter. And I think you can interact with other survivers now too.
    A session can last anywhere from 5 minutes to a few weeks depending on your knowledge of the game and luck :p
    Longest I survived was 3 months in-game

In my opinion its a good buy for a game that you'll keep coming back to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Do you really need to get it on Desura? Cause if that's the case i'll just wait for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Kiith wrote: »
    Do you really need to get it on Desura? Cause if that's the case i'll just wait for now.

For the moment they're handing out the steam keys through Desura for those who have already bought it, you can buy it on Steam from tomorrow but it'll be twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Is 5.99 the cheap price, yeah? Does the alpha turn full when its officially released?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Just checked and I bought this from their website in June 2011 !!! :)

Got my steam key from Desura and activated it there on Steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

brianon wrote: »
    Just checked and I bought this from their website in June 2011 !!! :)

Got my steam key from Desura and activated it there on Steam.

Same I had bought it ages ago and forgot all about it. It was fun back then cant wait to get the time to play during the weekend now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just bought it there.
    Had seen a few let's plays on it which peaked my interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Been watching lets play's on this too.

Looks like my kinda game. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i'll pick it up later as well. Watched the 1st part of a lets play, and it looked like a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i have to activate on desura to get it on steam? i bought it back in the days of its first build.

folan wrote: »
    i have to activate on desura to get it on steam? i bought it back in the days of its first build.

If you haven't activated it on Desura then you will have to, once it's activated on Desura, when you check your game account with the list of your games it should have an option of viewing the 'Keys' which will allow you to redeem your Steam key which you then put into Steam.

Also FYI generally developers who started out in Desura release their builds earlier in Desura than in Steam as they generally try support the community they started out in a bit more. So probably best to check Desura for latest builds rather than Steam.

Desura itself isn't the worst platform, I prefer it over using Uplay or Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anybody still play this?

Just wondering where its at.

Might pick it up over Christmas to play with a friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Anybody still play this?

Just wondering where its at.

Might pick it up over Christmas to play with a friend :)

Last time I played it was during the summer. They have mutliplayer now but it was very laggy. Id say if you wanted to play with a friend you would be better off hosting your own private server.

Advertisement