Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookies Lotto

Options
  • 16-03-2011 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

Stupid Question,

Played the lotto in the bookies today for the first time, just wondering if i pick three numbers and match one, do I win anything lol...

You'll probably have a good giggle at this but i really haven't a clue... lol..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bullettooth

Sorry no if you pick three you have to get three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

thanks bluetooth x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Sorry no if you pick three you have to get three.
    Not true as it depends on the market that the bet was put on.

For example the user may have picked singles from three numbers in which case matching one from the three chosen would return 6/1 approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bullettooth

Well considering it was the first time they did it I doubt they got involved in single double and trebles say it was a straight forward pick three to match three

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Well considering it was the first time they did it I doubt they got involved in single double and trebles say it was a straight forward pick three to match three
    You clearly know more about them than they have posted.

Based on what they have posted you're incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Yes, if they played the 'Pick Three' game for instance in PP shops, 1 number out of 3 would get your stake back. 2 numbers gets 3/1 and 3 numbers gets 250/1.

Of course , online its 3 from 3, from 6 or 7 depending; 3 from 3 from 6 gets 576/1. The real odds are 45/1. a cracking bet if done across 20 stakes at 50 cent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Yes, if they played the 'Pick Three' game for instance in PP shops, 1 number out of 3 would get your stake back. 2 numbers gets 3/1 and 3 numbers gets 250/1.

Of course , online its 3 from 3, from 6 or 7 depending; 3 from 3 from 6 gets 576/1. The real odds are 45/1. a cracking bet if done across 20 stakes at 50 cent ;)

So 20 selections of 3 numbers at .50c?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

GBX wrote: »
    So 20 selections of 3 numbers at .50c?

Yes, exactly. You'll return €288 if one line wins (online at 576/1) or €125 if you go with 'Pick 3' in Paddy Power. e.f I claimed back 4 stakes today @ 0.50 each. Some may find that tedious. But if you're going to play lotto, you need to wheel numbers and go for a shotgun approach. Or just have a laugh for a tenner and cover the numbers with 20 bets. You just might win....

I took the odds from www.lottoresults.ie Bu they could be way off. If they are correct, then playing 2 from 2 or 3 from 3 is a bit of craic, but 4 from 4 or 5 from 5 is a looderhauns's domain....

I use Gail Howard's Smart Luck software to narrow my field of numbers to wheel or just simply to play (can't wheel for pick 3's using the wheels I have). But many would say that betting on numbers games is a mug's game. I retort that at least betting on a national lottery using PP as a filter eliminates any chance of any national lottery using ticket stats to massage the draw.

Each to his own poison....

Edit: Played 9 lines with 3 numbers on PP Pick 3 tonight. Got a handful of 2s and mostly 1 number per line. Wheeled my best 21 numbers and picked a wheel using Gail Howard's software. Result tonight: €14 back from €18 out. Very happy with that. 3 up would mean €125 which is a real win, useful money, and not pie inthe sky 4 number or 5 numbers up. PP counts on punters aiming for the 4 number s and more. Aim small, bet large. Or in my case, aim small, bet small. Shotgun approach. Lowers the odds and a hell of a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

i doubt there is any massaging going on.

there is an ould fella from kpmg sitting in the audience after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

i doubt there is any massaging going on.

there is an ould fella from kpmg sitting in the audience after all.

And those auditor fellas don't miss anything!

:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement