Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone plan

Options
  • 16-03-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi,

I will be doing fairly extensive travel across the US in the next couple of weeks but will be mainly based in California, Nevade and Boston.

I will be looking to use my phone for google maps, face book etc and will have no use for receiving/making calls and little use for making/reciving texts.

Basically can anyone recommend a "sim only" pay as you go data package (and carried) that I will be able to use throughout the Us (or even where i could buy one on a state by state region) - just looking at 300-500mb per month - nothing to crazy

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I'm sure there are plenty around, the biggest one that stands out to me would be T-Mobile. They have prepaid plans for $50+ a month, looks exactly what you're looking for.

There's more info here:

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/prepaid-plans.aspx

Also, just an FYI (as I found this confusing) international coverage = international and long distance coverage = across the entire US.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    Hi,

I will be doing fairly extensive travel across the US in the next couple of weeks but will be mainly based in California, Nevade and Boston.

I will be looking to use my phone for google maps, face book etc and will have no use for receiving/making calls and little use for making/reciving texts.

Basically can anyone recommend a "sim only" pay as you go data package (and carried) that I will be able to use throughout the Us (or even where i could buy one on a state by state region) - just looking at 300-500mb per month - nothing to crazy

Thanks
    http://www.maxroam.com/Info/Rates.aspx?cur=EUR
    Stephen Fry uses these he's mentioned them on twitter - My husband has used them and my brother travels worldwide and uses them too (used in Russia, Hong Kong and Sweden all in the space of two weeks and it Facebook etc he was using)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Try Simple Mobile, I'm using it at the minute. $60 for unlimited calls, texts and data.

Advertisement