Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split red bricks

• 16-03-2011 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a small side wall which is topped with red brick.
    Is there anywhere in Dublin that sell red bricks split lengthways diagonally, so that they make two long triangular bricks ?

I was thinking of topping the existing red brick with these to discourage kids from sitting on the wall during the summer. So it wouldn't be flat on top, but a zig-zag surface.

Are they available pre-split, or would I have to get a brick bolster and try splitting them myself.

cheers,
    CD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Can't see you getting them anyplace and splitting bricks along a diagonal like that is not a 100% success.

If you are determined to go that route then con saw or grinder with a diamond blade would be the best job.

Advertisement