Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amazing ring around the moon

Options
  • 16-03-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

hi all..I just saw the moon tonight and it had an amazing ring around it.. not the normal ring you see on v frosty nights.. it was hugely expanded around the moon and took up a lot of the night sky.
    I wasnt able to get a photo of it, in fact I couldnt get the ring and the moon into the viewfinder of my camera!!

anyone else see it? looks amazing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

rainyrun wrote: »
    hi all..I just saw the moon tonight and it had an amazing ring around it.. not the normal ring you see on v frosty nights.. it was hugely expanded around the moon and took up a lot of the night sky.
    I wasnt able to get a photo of it, in fact I couldnt get the ring and the moon into the viewfinder of my camera!!

anyone else see it? looks amazing

Tried getting a picture of it a few minutes ago, used a 15 second exposure but with no tripod tis a bit iffy, here ya go anyway.
    P1000394.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

great photo..thanks

have seen a ring around the moon loads of times, but none that wide... really amazing sight!! I noticed cirrus clouds this evening at sunset, wonder is that the cause of the beautiful ring..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭clln

I just took this picture of the Moon preparing for St Patricks day!;)
    everybody have a good one!

3363002068_7ac3503076.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edhiker/3363002068/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I went out to look at Saturn, set up the go to system and then the clouds came:mad:

Advertisement