Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable Upgrade

• 16-03-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭

Can any of you tell me if this could be relevant to a good quality of service or is it too minor to be of importance?

NTL\UPC carried out a cable upgrade in the housing estate where I live back in 2007. At that time they had a issue with a suspected crushed underground pipe linking the last house on one street to my house which is Approx 150 - 200ft away. They informed me at the time that another crew would have to come at a later stage to dig a new trench and lay the new run of cable. As a Temp measure they connected the new cable to either side of the old cable.

At that time my understanding was that the cable upgrade was to improve the service after the introduction of high speed broadband and digital TV?

My concern is this, I was thinking of changing my broadband to UPC and wondered if that 200ft of old cable that's still in use would or could have any negative effect on the quality of service I would receive?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement