If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo HT-S3305B 5.1 AV Receiver and Speaker System

Options
  • 16-03-2011 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi John,
    A work colleague has noticed that the mainland RS stores have been looking to clear stock of the above system..priced at £199 VIP.Can these be still sourced locally(Belfast) and for a similar price.
    Ive been trying to get her to see the benefits of avr/speaker separates but she has her eyes and wallet set on one of these all-in-one HTS

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi KevMac68.

Unfortunately the HTS3305 are now finished. With no more stock arriving.
    This is due to the change in range by Onkyo.

The replacement for this system is the Onkyo HTS3505 and priced a little higher at £299.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts3405/onky-hts3405-blk
    We currently have these in stock in the Belfast store.

Let me know if this is of any help to you.

We also have a special on the Denon DHT1311 priced also at £299.95
    http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&SUB=26&ProductID=1103

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KevMac68

Thanks for your reply Kenny.Unfortunately my colleague isnt willing to spend that much on a beginner home theatre setup.
    She's trusted in me to go the av separates route and ive just been able to secure her a second hand Yamaha RX-V1400 for £85.
    Now all i need is a cheapish 5.1 speaker setup..£100 is her upper limit.
    Any ideas/anything in stock????

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

KevMac68 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Kenny.Unfortunately my colleague isnt willing to spend that much on a beginner home theatre setup.
    She's trusted in me to go the av separates route and ive just been able to secure her a second hand Yamaha RX-V1400 for £85.
    Now all i need is a cheapish 5.1 speaker setup..£100 is her upper limit.
    Any ideas/anything in stock????

Kev,

Great that yam sounds good for £85 Well done..

We have one last matching Yamaha NSP285 ex-demo that I would be happy to clear at just £79.95 if you were interested - that would be a decent system for under £170!
    http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/speaker-systems/speaker-packages/ns-p285_black__g/?mode=model

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John..Yeah been looking at the Yamaha nsp285.Sounds like a good deal providing all are working fine(any warranty)?
    Are these in stock in Belfast store??
    Also had been looking at the Pioneer shs100 setup?
    Do/did you ever have these in stock and get a chance to compare and contrast with the Yamaha ones??

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John..Yeah been looking at the Yamaha nsp285.Sounds like a good deal providing all are working fine(any warranty)?
    Are these in stock in Belfast store??
    Also had been looking at the Pioneer shs100 setup?
    Do/did you ever have these in stock and get a chance to compare and contrast with the Yamaha ones??

Kev,

Yep, I have one of the NSP285's remaining in store, ex demo, unused and it will come with a 12 month warranty (it was actually in the window so it has never been switched on).

The Pioneer SHS100 is now a finished line but it was also a great deal - but maybe not as slick looking as the Yamaha!

Keep me posted if you would like to book the last NSP285.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Sounds great John.Will contact work colleague just to get confirmation(though it may help sway her if you threw in a subwoofer cable ;) )???

Sorry about the delayed response John.(was on a run of 12hr dayshifts).
    In meantime my work colleague has got herself a bargain set of Tannoy Efx speakers and sub(£90).Thanks for your offer!
    Any more Pioneer Vsx1019s and I'll bite your hand off :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Kev.

Sorry, we did only have the one and it went quickly.

ATB

Dave
    Sorry about the delayed response John.(was on a run of 12hr dayshifts).
    In meantime my work colleague has got herself a bargain set of Tannoy Efx speakers and sub(£90).Thanks for your offer!
    Any more Pioneer Vsx1019s and I'll bite your hand off :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.