Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anchor bolts, what size dril bit?

• 16-03-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what size masonary drill bits I would need to use to fit M6 and M8 faithfull shield anchor bolts in a wall?

I tried using a 10mm for the M6's but they seemed tight in hole and didn't want to belt it in in case it got stuck halfway and couldn't get it out!

Any help/suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Muckit wrote: »
    Does anyone know what size masonary drill bits I would need to use to fit M6 and M8 faithfull shield anchor bolts in a wall?

I tried using a 10mm for the M6's but they seemed tight in hole and didn't want to belt it in in case it got stuck halfway and couldn't get it out!

Any help/suggestions appreciated

M6 usually a 12mm and M8 usually a 14mm and you'll be needing SDS bits. Should give a drill size on the bolt case.

Also back em off a bit before you put them in so that the flanges are flat.

Advertisement