Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value (Cheapest) mechanics around?

Options
  • 17-03-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Car is in desperate need of a service and some problems need sorting also but just quite simply cannot afford to pay crazy prices anymore. There just does not seem to have been a reduction in the recession. Anyway, looking for any advice or reccommendations around Greystones / Bray. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Davis is your only man in Greystones.
    Garage Davis Bros - 01 2875029

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

Have always had excellent service in Hill's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Paddy Tyndall in Newtownmountkennedy. Hes a young fella and very honest. He used to service my taxi van and my wifes car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Noel byrne/burn up near the graveyard in Kilquade is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Try Rodney Evan's motors. Just at tree trout bridge, between Kilincarrig and Kilcoole. Always good for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

To be honest FirstIn that's who I cannot afford to use anymore! Got a job done a couple of months ago that was mega expensive and he would not stand over the work done and the car is now due a service so Im going to look elsewhere. Thanks for all the suggestions, appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Noel byrne/burn up near the graveyard in Kilquade is good too

I've been going to Noel for years and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Always gets the job done right, first time. He's honest and very resonably priced.

Swanner wrote: »
    I've been going to Noel for years and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Always gets the job done right, first time. He's honest and very resonably priced.

only started using him recently and was very impressed, was touch and go if my car would pass the nct he even rang me on the saturday afternoon to see if it had passed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

Great thanks, think ill give him a bell on Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

amy1plus2 wrote: »
    To be honest FirstIn that's who I cannot afford to use anymore! Got a job done a couple of months ago that was mega expensive and he would not stand over the work done and the car is now due a service so Im going to look elsewhere. Thanks for all the suggestions, appreciated

I sadly had the same experience:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Anyone have a number for Noel Byrne ? Can't seem to find one.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Could you send Noel's number to me also.

Tx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

schmel22 wrote: »
    I sadly had the same experience:(

Me three

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Anyone have a number for Noel Byrne ? Can't seem to find one.
    Thanks

Will someone pm me his details and i will add him to the handy numbers thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

The garage next to Lee's pub and the undertakers in Kilcoole (never worked that one out but then I am not Irish :) is great. Dave is not a rip off merchant and is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Could someone PM me his details as well?

Thanks!
    Audrey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DaveEmo

Check out Eddie's garage at the end of Kilcoole. Good value, have had only good experiences with his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

can you pm me Noel byrne number as well, just moved into the area and the local kilcoole lad don't seem to bothered in ringing me back about work i wanted done

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nharrison02

Can someone please give me the number of Noel Byrne in Kilquade?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

He's in the Useful Numbers thread at the top of the forum:

Garage Noel Byrne - 087 6812550

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I see a mechanic has opened up beside Killpedder Filling Station - I popped in this morning and enquired about cost of service. He has reduced rates for first two months to build business. Price depends on type of vehicle. Seems a nice lad.

http://www.facebook.com/WhytesMotors

Has anyone used him yet??

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LagunaSeca

Can anyone recommend someone local for car body repair?

Need some driving lessons for the wife while I'm at it. Just kidding - no offence meant to drivers of any gender :)

Cheers

LagunaSeca wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone local for car body repair?

Need some driving lessons for the wife while I'm at it. Just kidding - no offence meant to drivers of any gender :)

Cheers

shane O brien at the bottom of kilcoole is very good and not to expensive, hes in the industrial units just after the GAA pitch, 01-2873017

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LagunaSeca

Shane O'Brien worked out great. Would recommend for bodywork repair.

Thanks p-h :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭liamos43

Best value for body repair work by far is Paddy O Toole of Newtownmountkennedy. I have used him several times as have friends and family....his number is 2819547. Dont be put off by the appearance of his garage....the work and price is what counts for me. By the way, he also does servicing.

Anyone know where I can get a deal on a service? I've my NCT next week and have been quoted €180 euro for a service and NCT check to include oil change but not parts obviously. Is this the going rate for around here or do I have to go into Dublin to get a deal?

I have to get the NCT done but this is far too much for me. The car desperately needs a service.

Fix bulbs, oil etc. yourself (or Halfords in Carrickmines for example). Get the NCT done and then if/when it fails you will know exactly what needs to be fixed as part of a proper service. Then your "resit" of the NCT is only €28.

Thanks for the advice but I don't even own a tool kit let alone know how to change bulbs or oil. :(

• Advertisement

If you want, I can meet you at Esso garage (or similar) and check your oil and see if you need any headlight/indicator bulbs replaced. If bulbs need to be replaced you can just drive up to Halfords and they will do it for you there and then.

I will drop you a PM.

Advertisement