Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value (Cheapest) mechanics around?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭liamos43

hi CheekyChops - my advice is have the NCT first - you will prob fail but they will list out what is to be done. Then go to your mechanic and have this work done and you will be fine second time round. If you now go to a garage and ask them for a pre NCT service it is like giving them a blank cheque. I have 2 garages which I use and will get up their numbers for you asap......ok

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Thanks everyone for the advice. It was really helpful.

I ended up going to Eddie at the end of Kilcoole. He was great and basically did what was needed without ripping me off at all. I highly recommend him because he was so decent.

The car was in and out of the NCT in 20 minutes! Phew!

(and there are some very kind posters on here that offered to help for nothing. :):):)_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I always use Eddie Byrne for my car issues. Great guy and wont rip you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Honda lover

€30 for emissions test with Noel Burn. Anyone know anywhere cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

€30 for emissions test with Noel Burn. Anyone know anywhere cheaper.

Appropriate name for an emissions tester :o.

Did you get a price from Davis Motors. I know they have the kit. They tested a car for me two years ago. Cannot remember cost but I was happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Try Rodney Evans motors , 2874224

Advertisement