Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First-time renting advice needed

Options
  • 17-03-2011 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

hi all..

well been looking to move out of the parents house and move into somewhere with my gf.. ting is i have no idea about the 1st payment?

say for example the place were looking at is 600 p/m .. do we pay 600 upfront as a deposit and move in then paying 600 at the end of that month an so on for 11 months?

or

do we need to have 1200 upfront? and 600 p/m for 10 months? iv been told this by 1 or 2 people so its kind of throwing me off a bit..

im really hoping its option 1 as 1200 is alot of cash to come up with on short notice and looking to move out asap..

all help appriciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

No, it's €1200 upfront: €600 desposit and €600 as first month's rent in advance.

Then, assuming a 1 year lease, it's €600pm for the next 11 months. If you leave at the end of the lease, you get your €600 deposit back at the end of the 12th month.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 eest

Rented few times and deposit was always fully refundable provided you give enough notice regardless of the time you spent in the property. Stipulate it clearly with landlord. Also be careful with agencies, they look nice and official at the start but once you signed the contracts they will turn your life into a nightmare. Of course there are few landlords around that are not "particularly good" but I did not see a bad one yet though I have long renting experience.

Advertisement