Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the new map packs

Options
  • 17-03-2011 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

didnt even know there was new map packs out till i turned on the box today,,tut tut halo fourm for keeping us updated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Anyone else think Condemned is a bit too complicated? I mean it looks nice an'all, but theres too much stuff in there.

And you must live at the bottom of the Mariana Trench if you didn't know about the new maps until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I really like what ive seen of the new maps so far, especially considering they arent "Bungie Maps".....

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

The maps are great but are in severe need of tweaking which 343 and Bungie are very keen on getting right. Look at all the power weapons on default Highlands and their razy fast respawn timers :p Why there are snipers on Condemned is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Nockz wrote: »
    The maps are great but are in severe need of tweaking which 343 and Bungie are very keen on getting right. Look at all the power weapons on default Highlands and their razy fast respawn timers :p Why there are snipers on Condemned is beyond me.

To be fair, power weapons and their placement has been a fecking massive problem in Reach (shudders at the thought of Reflection, Countdown, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Is it my imagination - or was it just two maps? Condemned and Highlands. Not a fan of Condemned I have to say.... Its like a bad pac man maze... :pac:

;)

Muppet Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Is it my imagination - or was it just two maps? Condemned and Highlands. Not a fan of Condemned I have to say.... Its like a bad pac man maze... :pac:

;)

Muppet Man
    Unearthed is a firefight map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Nockz wrote: »
    Look at all the power weapons on default Highlands and their razy fast respawn timers :p Why there are snipers on Condemned is beyond me.
    YES! And it's always one or two people that'll camp them. You'll come across someone with a Shotgun and a Spartan Laser or a Sniper Rifle :(

Am thinking of spending some of my leftover christmas pressie MS points on this pack, just for Unearthed, it reminds me of my fave firefight map, lost platoon from ODST, which was always epic.

It seems a bit silly that they haven't set up a DLC playlist though. You pay for a new map pack and then have to sit through games on old maps and hope for some of the new content to show up in the list. :( WTF?

Would anybody out there be up for joining my friends list and playing some custom games of classic firefight on it instead of taking their chances with playlists? Send me a FR and a message, i'm usually free for a game most weekday evenings. Gameratg is same as my boards ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

would agree the maps could do with tweaking but am enjoying highlands all the same,,cant seem toget into a game of condemmed tho,,have yet to play the fire fight map yet but it looks huge aswell

Just played a solo game of firefight on unearthed, it's a lot of fun. They seem to have gone for a minimal approach to weapons though.The jetpack rules for the multiple level layout, but you've really got to think about the weapon loadout you're carrying in because there's not a lot of human weapons around except for the weapon drops, and it's a BIG map to get around with the wrong weapon. DMR will rule this map, but you'll have to forego a jetpack and pick a sprint loadout to get your hands on one, which is a good tradeoff.

The single warthog is a great touch too, it's very powerful on the map. There are a lot of good driving-friendly areas but you've got to be careful about protecting it because the level is a lot tougher to cover on foot. They stayed away from stuffing it full of vehicles and wrecking the balance, which is great.

It looks like it will be great for 4 player firefight. I'm looking forward to a few good teamwork-based games on it.

• Advertisement

Condemned is a complete waste of time. It's way too generic and confusing, no real easily discernable landmarks in a firefight, and has nobody learned that low gravity areas are a bad idea after zealot or whatever it was called. Low grav=more campers than a boy scout meeting.

Also, WTF is the story with sniper rifles in a closed in CQB map?

Highlands looks really good, but man are there a lot of power weapons. It needs a 16 player matchmaking mode called "big team mill-up" to take advantage of all that weaponry.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Highlands is good but it needs Big Team Battle in my opinion, it's too big. Condemned.....pretty good, I do enjoy the zero-g part in the middle, can be fun when there's a mass of people in there all going for the oddball!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bout time Bungie brought out a few new free maps. It's nice to have a bit of variety even if they all just look grey.

Advertisement