Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best stadium?

• 17-03-2011 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

my favourite is la bombarena and bragas one

stadiums i hate-old trafford, stadio olimpico emirates

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

partyndbs wrote: »
    stadiums i hate-old trafford

Why?

Can't really comment 'cause I've never been to a stadium I didn't like.
    Anything with a running track, though.

EDIT:Your post confused me. Favourites are Tallaght and Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Personally i love Oriel Park but hate Century Park and Hunky Dory Park :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Favourite: Westfalenstadion

Least Favourite: I already know it's going to be the new Olympic stadium in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Anfield, Tallaght and Paradise for me, for completely bias reasons.

emirates having the worst atmosphere for a game ive been at with such large numbers, although the Belfield bowl was a close second :P Followed by Santry :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

rio_de_janeiro_maracana1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

baz2009 wrote: »
    Why?

Can't really comment 'cause I've never been to a stadium I didn't like.
    Anything with a running track, though.

EDIT:Your post confused me. Favourites are Tallaght and Old Trafford.

old trafford dunno just dont like it that much mayb uncalled for...but tallaght? cmon now read my post i said stadiums lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

old trafford dunno just dont like it that much mayb uncalled for...but tallaght? cmon now read my post i said stadiums lol

Great atmosphere in Tallaght.
    Hopefully the future for football grounds in the LoI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

McAlpine Stadium in Huddersfield, it has won awards for its design

32712306_6c4fc0be3d.jpg

Existed long before the Aviva before you draw comparisons
    Ebbs wrote: »
    Anfield, Tallaght and Paradise for me, for completely bias reasons.

Obvious to you but for me anyway, where is Paradise, there are a few clubs claiming that for themselves
    Not just Celtic Park which I think you mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Olympic Stadium berlin

Richmond 2nd

it looks like boltons stadium. baz its not bout atmosphere the stadium just isnt very good...mayb one day when theres 2 stands behind the goals it will be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Best stadium: Croke Park (mainly because you have a good view of the pitch from everywhere, or at least thats what they say. And I've always had a good view from wherever I was sitting)

Worst Stadium: AVIVA Stadium (not a bad park, just the worst of the ''top'' stadiums. Stewards and photographers standing in our way at the first match, so we just had to move)

Finn Park is good park too, never overcrowded. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Allianz Arena in Munich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

My favourite are Croke park, new camp and Landsdowne. My least favourite is Twickenham but that is just because they are the only 4 I have been to.

the old lansdowne was class, the aviva tho not so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I know they've only had a few football matches in it but Cowboy Stadium is without doubt the greatest stadium on the planet. Architecturally, The Birds Nest is phenomenal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Favourite outside of Anfield would be Camp Nou.

I can only imagine the fear and intimidation it can put into opposition players when they walk out to 100k roaring supporters.

Must be shitting their pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen

044902.jpg

I reckon that could of been the best European trip I have ever been on.

Dalymount Park and Highbury for obvious reasons (was slightly underwhelmed by the Emirates).

Never really been to any stadiums I hated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

the old lansdowne was class, the aviva tho not so much
    The Aviva is a nice design but they wrecked it over-all with that stupid end tier. It would be much more appealing if it was 100% all round.

But tbf they built it as good as they could with what bit of land they had.

Aviva-sky-blue-10.jpg

ha ye looks like ur gone from the premiership to the carslile grounds in the blink of an eye hahahaha. dont get me wrong aviva is nice but just lacks charachter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Favourites: Westfalenstadion, Espirit Arena, The Showgrounds, Santiago Bernabeu, Volksparkstadion.

Least favourites: Allianz Arena, Finn Park, Stamford Bridge and the Loro Borici Stadium. The last one being the worst - Pushing 95F and not even a shop to get a drink :eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ha ye looks like ur gone from the premiership to the carslile grounds in the blink of an eye hahahaha. dont get me wrong aviva is nice but just lacks charachter

The Premiership isn't a ground, nor is the carslile grounds, it's spelt Carlisle Grounds.

Grounds I hate, the New Lansdowne, not a fan of it at all. Morton Stadium is another, that poxy racing track.

Grounds I like, Turners Cross would probably be my pick, a fan of Richmond and the away stand in United Park too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Allianz Arena in Munich

And the Olympic Stadium in Munich

The Premiership isn't a ground, nor is the carslile grounds, it's spelt Carlisle Grounds.

Grounds I hate, the New Lansdowne, not a fan of it at all. Morton Stadium is another, that poxy racing track.

Grounds I like, Turners Cross would probably be my pick, a fan of Richmond and the away stand in United Park too.

no offence man but there all rubbish stadiums, like lol 'the away stand' in united park..like wtf...
    turners cross ye its ok but hardly like what u would call an impressive stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Favourites:

The Emirates- pleasing on the eye,great views,easy to get to, excellent facilities

Highbury - Sadly no more but was a very very special stadium, the North Bank when it was redeveloped was streets ahead of other stadiums in terms of concourse design. Part of me still wishes we had not moved :(

Millenium Stadium Cardiff: Great location for sporting events. Great views, Brains Bitter :D

Stamford Bridge

Least Favourites:

Anfield- when I was there, no drink in the away end :confused: is this still the case? also found it difficult to get into and out of transport wise.

Stade De France : Maybe it was the end I was sitting in, but appeared to have very little facilities, maybe it was because it was the CL final, on the plus side good view, but got soaked in the lower tier :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Old Trafford & The Bernebeu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its hard to top Camp Nou really in terms of architecture or atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Old Trafford, Allianz Arena and the Estádio Municipal de Braga (The one thats carved into a quarry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Pauleta wrote: »
    I know they've only had a few football matches in it but Cowboy Stadium is without doubt the greatest stadium on the planet. Architecturally, The Birds Nest is phenomenal.

Cowboy Stadium has to be the best although I havent been there yet. I was in the Birds Nest in Beijing allright. The Maracana is good but gone old now. Cardiff is the best of the UK stadiums that I have been to. Wembley supposed to be good now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Bombanera and White Hart Lane. Emirates is a toadhole :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The Emirates is stunning. Perfect modern football stadium with comfy seats for the arse and back. Even more comfortable than your average barstool.

Over here they've done a super job with AAMI Park in Melbourne which is on the 'to visit' list.

Hate Croke Park in general with its one open, unfinished end. Knock the Hill, build it all the way around and make it a cauldron of noise. Until then I've no real time for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Camp Nou

Emirates and Bernabeu are pretty impressive too.
    Anfield was brutal i thought, same with villa park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The ones they are going to built on Qatar look krazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

flahavaj wrote: »
    Its hard to top Camp Nou really in terms of architecture or atmosphere.

I remember first visiting it and wondering why it looked so small from the outside, the fact that the pitch level is 3 floors under-ground is so cool... Can't wait until my next visit.

The Aviva is actually a very nice stadium too imo. The 10 quid tickets for the cup final might be what is making me say that though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The Emirates is stunning. Perfect modern football stadium with comfy seats for the arse and back. Even more comfortable than your average barstool.

Over here they've done a super job with AAMI Park in Melbourne which is on the 'to visit' list.

Hate Croke Park in general with its one open, unfinished end. Knock the Hill, build it all the way around and make it a cauldron of noise. Until then I've no real time for it.

Comfy seats is what makes a great staium allright.:rolleyes: I hope you were being sarcastic. Love Corke Park with the Hill retained. It's the only place where there is any noise emanating from ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I like the Emirates fir obvious reasons... Decent atmosphere without being rocking.

In terms of stadiums I've been and veritably felt the roof lift off them; nothing can beat Cardiff in 2009 for the Grand Slam and I'm not even that big of a rugby fan.

The Millenium Stadium in general is pretty anthemic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Comfy seats is what makes a great staium allright.:rolleyes: I hope you were being sarcastic. Love Corke Park with the Hill retained. It's the only place where there is any noise emanating from ffs

I agree but at the same time the Emiraes Stadium is 4 years young so you would expect daycent seats.

Croker is silent up until the last 10-15mins for my money. GAA is a curious sport in Ireland, we all feel justified to botch about it yet we don't get behind a team unless they've a proper chance of winning. You can argue that all you like with me but certainly in GAA terms we are fairweather supporters.

THANK GOD RUGBY HAS RETURNED HOME 2 D4 WHERE IT BELONGS

playin in croke park was like playing in a foreign country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Comfy seats is what makes a great staium allright.:rolleyes: I hope you were being sarcastic.

Stadiums = serious business

No joking at all. Went to The Emirates in January and loved every minute of it. Great view from right around the ground, the seats were comfy (even if I spent most of the game standing), and the all round experience was great. The home fans were even quite boisterous given what I'd heard beforehand.

Couldn't ask for much more from a modern stadium in the absence of terracing. Except for maybe more toilets. The queues were crazy at half time.
    Love Corke Park with the Hill retained. It's the only place where there is any noise emanating from ffs

Says more about the supporters than the stadium itself, which looks shite with that poxy end still standing. Get rid or build over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Must say that I have a soft spot for Tolka Park circa 1998

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I've been to a few catch and kick games in Croke Park as well as a few rugby and football games and every time it's been ****. Especially rugby and soccer. As has been said,,, get rid of the stupid looking hill and build a proper stand, make the bottom tier safe standing and you'd ever fit more people in there and tell the dublin supporters to stfu and get over it.

It was still be **** for football as the ends are too far from the pitch.

Old trafford is pants too... United fans talk a lot of **** about the theater of dreams but besides one small section its 75000 people sitting quietly chatting to eachother more worried about the weather than the match.

Never been to such a quiet champions league match in my life.

Studio Angelo Massimo is one of the best match day experiences I've had.

Studio olympico in Rome is crap.

San Siro on a full house Derby night in the Curva Sud = winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Stade de France is top top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Qwest Field in Seattle, home of the Seahawks and Sounders

3279778.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

For me my favourites are Croker, cowboys Stadium and new Wembley. Wembley is by far the best stadium I've ever been in, in terms of view and comfort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Favourite:
    Fratton Park
    Craven Cottage
    Bernabeu
    Camp Nou
    Croke Park

Least Favourite:
    The Aviva
    Wembley
    Goodison Park
    Stadio Olimpico
    Turin
    Stade Velodrome (sp? - Marseille Stadium)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Sorry Croke Park can't be dull like every new oval 3 tier stadium. It stands out and it isn't for soccer anyways.

My favourite stadium ever is probably Stadio Delle Alpi. Shame its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Was pleasantly surprised by the Reebok, cracking atmosphere and gret proximity to the pitch. Love the Emirates, great facilities, easy to get to and cracking food in the concourse.

Not a massive fan if the Aviva, mainly because of the stupid access routes. I have to travel past the station to walk back to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Sorry Croke Park can't be dull like every new oval 3 tier stadium. It stands out and it isn't for soccer anyways.

Even with the hill, its still a very dull stadium. There is nothing great about it bar its capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

The Brittania stadium Stoke the noise there is unreal especially on a big game day.

Celtic Park on a european night when its rocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I will always cherish my memories of Glenmalure Park. I wasn't a Rovers fan but there was something about being there that made you feel you were in a very special place.

Atmosphere is the most important thing for me at a stadium.

The San Mames is a very special place and its my favourite one in Europe that I've been to. Its the oldest stadium in Spain and its closing soon sadly.

I think of all the stadiums I've been to in the UK I'd pick St. James Park as the best one.

The one stadium I'd love to visit is the one River Plate play in. It seems like a very special place.

Unfortunately Ewood Park which is home to the club I support would not be close to the top of my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anfield on a derby day or a European night is the best feeling in the world IMO as a football fan. Anfield and the San siro are my favs. my least favourite was old Trafford I went there this year and sat in the north or east stand not quite sure. Well for the whole game people just kept getting up and walking to the toilets or to get food. Then I had a family discussig their gcse's for the whole game and lads behind me talking about what there doing later. For such a big club their fans r ****e. Fergies right your fans are ****e :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement