Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best stadium?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Best I've been in for atmosphere is the Monumental in Buenos Aires for a River Boca match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Favourit Stadiums (Stadia?)
    Soccer

Elland Road
    Wembely

Others
    Croke Park
    Thomand Park
    Sempil Stadium, Thurles

not necessarily in that order. depends on what sport you are watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

New St. Helens Rugby League Stadium looks like it'll be the ultimate of low capacity stadiums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Seaneh wrote: »
    I

Old trafford is pants too... United fans talk a lot of **** about the theater of dreams but besides one small section its 75000 people sitting quietly chatting to eachother more worried about the weather than the match.

Never been to such a quiet champions league match in my life.

This is such a myth it's sick. There are 2 sections of OT, behind both the goals, where the majority stand and sing for the full game. There is usually an excellent atmosphere. Fair enough it can be quiet in the 2 sides at times but with the corporate element that's to be expected.

People bandy this myth around just as a way of getting their dig in at United. They can't slag results so have to find something else. So remarks by Roy Keane get exaggerated, and people comment that the atmosphere is poor during a 5-0 stroll or a drab 0-0 against Birmingham when everyone's hungover on New years Day. It's easily forgotten that United's away support is generally regarded as the loudest in the league.

For the majority of games there is a good atmosphere in OT, and during the big games which the clubs lives for....the likes of Milan, City, Real Madrid and Chelsea, the place is absolutely bouncing and has an atmosphere that is difficult to be bettered worldwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Favourite (that have been too)
    Old Trafford
    Stade de France
    Old Lansdowne
    Millennium Stadium

Least Favourite
    Craven Cottage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yes, i know, old thread.

But this thread came to mind after seeing a picture of the stadium Feyenoord will play tonight.

Rijeka's stadium is class because of the location:

B0nx2iKIYAAbNho.jpg

Nothing beats the Feyenoord stadium by night though

stadion-de-kuip(feyenoord)(1).jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Anfield for atmosphere but it's lacking in facilities

The Emirates was the opposite, pristine stadium but the atmosphere of a library

Loftus Rd is probably the worst stadium I've been to - Total shíthole

I really like Wembley. Been to a few games there and it's got great facilities, views and is easy to get to/from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Of the modern generic small stadiums in England I think Rotherham's New York Stadium is the best.
    rotherham-new-york-stadium-main-stand-close-up.jpg
    new-york-stadium-rotherham-4x3201-826420_478x359.jpg

The steepness of the stands is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I always thought Eircom Park would have made for a great "smaller" stadium. Although I was much younger when it was proposed and so there's a chance I didnt pick up on possible negatives of it. Actually is there any good images/presentations of it online? Googled it but only found a few poor images.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

I always thought Eircom Park would have made for a great "smaller" stadium. Although I was much younger when it was proposed and so there's a chance I didnt pick up on possible negatives of it. Actually is there any good images/presentations of it online? Googled it but only found a few poor images.

To my memory, 'Eircom Park' was essentially just a copy of a stadium that was due to be built for Coventry City. Coventry were relegated in 2001 and their new stadium was never built either. They eventually relocated to Ricoh Arena in 2005.

For instance, does this stadium look familiar?
    http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/stadium-campaign-gathers-pace-3178786

So you might find more/better pix if you look under Coventry City related terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

roanoke wrote: »
    To my memory, 'Eircom Park' was essentially just a copy of a stadium that was due to be built for Coventry City. Coventry were relegated in 2001 and their new stadium was never built either. They eventually relocated to Ricoh Arena in 2005.

For instance, does this stadium look familiar?
    http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/stadium-campaign-gathers-pace-3178786

So you might find more/better pix if you look under Coventry City related terms.

Think Ericom Park was meant to be a copy of Vitesse Arnhem's stadium that was used at Euro2000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Think Ericom Park was meant to be a copy of Vitesse Arnhem's stadium that was used at Euro2000.

The only thing it would have had in common would have been the retractable roof. It looked like it would have been good for atmosphere but the location in Citywest would have been terrible.

121682.jpg

Advertisement