Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pir in cloakroom washroom

• 17-03-2011 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

recently finished putting in a downstairs bathroom (wc n whb) but put in a pir instead of a run of the mill light switch, this controls the light and the extract fan but it seems to have a mind of its own!!! wtf could b wrong wit it as i have it wired correctly but still no joy, thinkin of replacing with a poxy pullcord switch:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Why dont you ask them over in electrics for my money i think they are unreliable as they go off when someone is sitting on the toilet. As in it goes dark

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Some are poor and in a WC situation you have to keep waving your arms around or lose the light. No good for reading the paper :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

What exactly do you mean when you say it has a mind of its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dublingaa

it comes on when not required, at the most unusual times! i just want it too come on when the door is opened just long enough to do ur business wash ur hands bobs ur uncle but not this one...
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

why not buy a combined light/pir fitting...? theres a few very good stienels available...I always try and avoid stand alone pirs..most appear to be just rubbish

• Advertisement

it comes on when not required, at the most unusual times! like first thing in the morn when im getting up for work its driving me mad, i just want it too come on when the door is opened just long enough to do ur business wash ur hands bobs ur uncle but not this one...
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭thebullkf

is there a window?....ie dusk/dawn setting on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Is there a sensitivity adjustment on it? and an ambient threshold adjustment on it?

Is it wired in correctly? Are you using the correct type of bulb with it? Some PIRs won't work with energy saving bulbs etc...

It could simply be a faulty PIR?

it is wired correctly
    there is no window
    there is two adjustments on it 1 for time and the 2nd is a light adjustment (dusk dawn setting)
    i do have an energy saving bulb in so i will change that

Advertisement