Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dalkia energy supply - Spencer Dock

Options
  • 17-03-2011 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

I am just writing here to see if anyone in the Spencer Dock apartment complex, or anyone else who's energy is supplied by Dalkia, is having issues with their method of billing?

I do not use the heating at all in my apartment and I only use the water for around 20 mins per day. I am still getting bills for around €90 every two months which seems incredibily high. After having discussion with the Dalkia customer service, I have established that there is one central boiler in the basement of the complex and they calculate the bill by working out how much traffic went through the boiler and then billing me for my share (which is based on the square meterage of my apartment). So if everyone runs their heating 6 hours a day and I don't use mine at all, I will still be paying for their heating!

Does the seem right?

They have also mentioned that "unfortunately there are losses in every heating system", which I am paying for - again based on the size of the apartment.

Is it just me, or should I only be paying for what I use? And the fact that their are 'losses' in the system, should not be a concern of mine. I already paying a service charge every month - which normally covers the costs of maintenence and 'losses' etc.

These guys have also added 300€ onto my bill because I am not paying by direct debit. They have also threatened to cut me off, since I refuse to pay the portion of the bill which seems to be shared by everyone else in the apartment complex.

I will be very interested to hear from anyone else who is in a similar position.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

This is not suited to heating and plumbing. Its more consumer related.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property

Question: Do you own or rent the apartment?

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I'm not sure about the bit about being billed per sq mt of the apartment, when I went to the briefing sessions they had last year I was informed that there was a meter which calculated how much I used. I have my heating on for 3 hours per day and my hot water on for 2 hours per day and my last two monthly bill was €160.00 (during the really cold weather)

You might want to look here: http://www.spencerdockers.com/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=aed3794d42f02cb12a297ecada6504a5

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What does your contract with them say? What does your lease say?

The €300 is likely to be a refundable deposit and is not uncommon with other energy suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

The €300 is refundable, if you sign up for DD the deposit is €150.

They are the only heating and hot water suppliers to the complex so they seem to be able to act as they please!

• Advertisement
Advertisement