Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Fitness closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Was always a PITA to get to even then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 karlito0000

what a waste of a great club.with an excellent pool and hydro area,squash courts and all the different classes at night and thats not including the gym area.should have known the writing was on the wall when dumbells and machines not repaired or replaced when broken by the juiced up eastern euro boys but thats another story.hope its bought over and made abit more competitive against ben dunnes''which i have joined.ok so far good machines not enough weights or certain machines''shame if lidel buy it and fill in the pools with cement and stock the fruit and veg there.with over 8000 members surely it has to be worth a chance for some business to make a go of something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DonkyDonk

I was going to sign up for a few months back in February but then I emailed them for prices the lad would only let me join from 14th April onwards.

Now it looks like he saved me a bit of hassle. Ben Dunne's probably getting all the business now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gym_buddy

There is a liquidators meeting today in the city centre. Members can attend but it is not necessary in order to claim your money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭edwinkane

F*king rents again!

Greedy landlords will ruin this country! Sorry to anyoneone out of a job!

Also sorry if anyone paid a full years membership upfront in jan!

Remember, the managers of the company agreed to pay those rents. No one forced them to do so. If the landlords have loans on their premises, would it be greedy of them to want the rent to, at least, cover the cost of the loan?

The managers of any company must take responsibility for their actions and decisions. That their decision to agree to the amount of rent and all the other terms of the lease may have turned out to be not a good decision rests with them, and with no one else.

It would be interesting to find out if anyone had paid a full years membership on a credit card, would they be able to get a partial refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Biff11

We paid full year by credit card and yesterday we got partial refund. Delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Great deal for anyone lookig for a gym a short drive away,

http://informedperformance.com/2011/03/attention-all-ex-total-fitness-members/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭edwinkane

Biff11 wrote: »
    We paid full year by credit card and yesterday we got partial refund. Delighted!!

As total Fitness closed almost 2 weeks ago, why on earth were you thinking of, paying a full years membership yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

edwinkane wrote: »
    As total Fitness closed almost 2 weeks ago, why on earth were you thinking of, paying a full years membership yesterday?

I think you need to read his/her post again. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭chiefbrody1974

Dancor wrote: »
    Great deal for anyone lookig for a gym a short drive away,

http://informedperformance.com/2011/03/attention-all-ex-total-fitness-members/

yeah right , have you seen the price???? WTF!!
    its cheaper in northwood for 1 year than for 1 quarter in this place!!
    no threadmills or warm up apparatus, showers etc!!

yeah right, great value!! try the universal just round the corner!! much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Where did all the Castleknock Total Fitness people go one month after it's closure?

Is anyone still waiting out in hope?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well you can forget about it re-opening any time soon. I got a letter from the liquidator yesterday telling me that they would not be resuming business and will be trying to find a buyer. They also said that there are no funds available to repay money owed to members, but if you paid by credit card you should contact your bank to claim a refund for the balance owed to you. This amount in specified in the letter.

alot of us are in northwood like lost refugees,its ok abit jammed but alot cheaper than tf

alot of us are in northwood like lost refugees,its ok abit jammed but alot cheaper than tf

You must live on the Navan Road side of Total Fitness, I'm on the Blanch side. Northwood wasn't really an option for me.

I did use the place one day and thought it was quite good, but that was during the day, so it might get packed after the rush hour. It's nicer than Westpoint anyway.

None of the other gyms are as good as TF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Anyone know if they'll be selling off the equipment...I'm seeking a cheap (but decent) exercise bike to help rehab my knee after surgery

if you drive try westmanstown or the gym in coolmine,it all depends what you want out of it ,weight or cardio or a pool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Anybody hearing news about it reopening. Been told it has a buyer but not who it is yet.

Possible Management buy out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Where did you hear this?

Someone who is involved in maintaining fitness equipment heard that the new owners are looking for quotes.

I talked to the liquidator today also who confirmed that they are not looking to sell any equipment and i got a strong impression that they were close to announcing something.

As to Management Buy out, probably just idle speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

their was a mangement buy out in october. thats being done and failed...

• Advertisement

I have had confirmation that there is a buyer for at least one of the venues but not who it is yet or which one.

I have had confirmation that there is a buyer for at least one of the venues but not who it is yet or which one.

Probably the Sandyford one. That one seemed to be busiest out of the three.

I think the Clarehall one has already been bought and is going to be a supermarket.

Advertisement