Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet open today: St Pats day..

• 17-03-2011 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi

Bit of a long shot here but would anyone know of a vet who would see my dog today?

Im based in North County Dublin but would be willing to travel.

My dog Cody (American Akita) seems to have a lose/broken tooth or something in her mouth thats causing her a lot of distress.

Akitas are super quiet dogs with fairly high pain thresh-holds so its stressing me out to hear her whimpering and crying so much.

I've tried to have a look at her mouth, but she wont let me prod around much before she pulls away in pain.

Failing getting her to a vet could anyone recommend anything i could give her to ease the pain thats not gonna damage her?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Dundrum Vet Hospital is pretty much always open!
    Not on your side of town but if you can't get anywhere else closer.
    Phone : 2987510

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

PaulieBoy wrote: »
    Dundrum Vet Hospital is pretty much always open!
    Not on your side of town but if you can't get anywhere else closer.
    Phone : 2987510

Cheers,

I just rang Raheny Vet (my brother said they treated his dog over Christmas one year) and they are open for emergency from 12-1 today, so i will try them and if i have no joy i will try Dundrum.

Stu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

If you're in North County Dublin, allpets in Drogheda (just beside the bus station) has an emergency service,
    numbers below or check their website

Our Opening Hours

Our opening hours of 8 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday, with 3 clinics daily and Saturday 9am - 5pm, are aimed at providing the flexibility needed in busy lifestyles to get to us at a time to suit you. Outside these hours we operate a 24 hour emergency service 7 days a week to help and advise you in times of emergency - phone (041)9810000 or (086)6030600.

I can vouch for Ann Marie, she's brilliant with dogs, really has a way with them.
    Hope your girl is ok and on the mend soon..

Advertisement