Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open shoot in midlands.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

dev110 wrote: »
    Still plenty of light which means plenty of time to zero and fix up :p

At work till 7 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

:eek: Sorry if I came across that way, but I wasn't avoiding ya :( We''have a chat tomorrow .................... no hugs or stuff though :p

Leupold VX III and eye relief is a bugger to get right :rolleyes:

But when I do I love it :cool:

Picatinny Job?

And I was looking forward to a hug ya big cuddly man !

Bring the Buckmark I'd love to have a gander at one

Picatinny Job?

No, Burris standard mounts used 'em for years on Remingtons with no problems
    And I was looking forward to a hug ya big cuddly man !

:eek:
    Bring the Buckmark I'd love to have a gander at one

Will do ;)

At work till 7 :mad:

I won't see home until 8pm @ the earliest

Remember Clocks go forward tonight folks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I won't see home until 8pm @ the earliest

Remember Clocks go forward tonight folks

Thank goodness I'll get an extra hour in bed;)

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »

1 x hour less in bed Clive me old mucker :p

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

yippeee:D:D:D everything is after falling in to place (work home etc )so am travelling to this tomorrow , really looking forward to it ,

see ye all there :D:D

ian

Spring Forward

+1 hour brightness tomorrow

- 1 hour in the Scratcher Clive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

ianoo wrote: »
    yippeee:D:D:D everything is after falling in to place (work home etc )so am travelling to this tomorrow , really looking forward to it ,

see ye all there :D:D

ian

Hi Ian,
    I'm driving up in the morn if you want to hop in with me, sent you a pm

Spring Forward

+1 hour brightness tomorrow

- 1 hour in the Scratcher Clive!

I can always catch the plebs out with that one. :p

YOU's don't fool me with the 1 hour less :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I can always catch the plebs out with that one. :p

YOU's don't fool me with the 1 hour less :rolleyes:

Just after watching Rocky Balboa

Should I be worried :D

Ewe's or yo's as we call them will all be up an hour earlier in the morning.

I worked a 13 & 1/4 hr night shift when we went Back to Winter time so I am fully in synch with the time.

Just after changing all the clocks

Hope these Belgian Beers don't go against me tomorrow.

Best of luck CJ (the Killkeny Stallion)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

just in from the shoot

great day had ,even if my gun was giving grief

shot 87 out of a possible ?????????

thanks for the advice lads ,clive ,ez, it wasnt me and belowaverageiq

nice to put a face to the names
    back to the "workshop" with the scope and gun

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Minky 123

what was the winning score? What cal rifle and make won by who??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

i got a text telling me some expert shot the wrong target:eek: but no further info was forthcoming come on lads spill the beans, i was told however that tack is treating some of the lads to a chineese on the way home in wong gongs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It was a good day and a good wind blowing giving the rimfire lads a chalenge. Still if i'm not mistaken a rimfire took the highest score (will confirm ASAP). It was a .17hmr or something similar and came in with a 157 out of 160. Excellent shooting irrespective of rimfire or CF.

There was some "friendly" competition between some of the regualrs here with re-entries trying to best each other, but overall a good day and a challenging comp.

Made a balls of it myself. A note to all newbies, it helps when the gun has bullets in it. :o:rolleyes:

Father had a great day scoring 145 of 160 with his new rifle and i seen alot of happy faces from lads that had obviously improved on their last comp score. Well done all.

A good turn out and nice to see lads taking advantage of the zero targets and i see a few lads put suggestions into the box.

Also just a reminder. The main competition, that will be a mixture of the last two shoots with some new formats also, will be coming on the 8th of May. Prizes are to reflect the "grander" scale of the shoot and should be a full days shooting. I'll post the relevant notice when we are closer to the date.

Lastly i'd like to thank the ROs (even the ones that slagged me, you know who you are ;)), the staff in the clubhouse, JP for organising another great day out, and not to forget the lads and ladies that dedicated their day to running the butt duties/targets. They do most of the work and are often overlooked. Well done to all.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

C/F 157, 156, 154

R/F 138, 135, 128

all out of 160/ 16 shots

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Raging didnt make it !! :mad: Friends going away party last night and too many whiskey's, slept right through the alarm !!! Sounds like a good day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Minky 123

landkeeper wrote: »
    i got a text telling me some expert shot the wrong target:eek: but no further info was forthcoming come on lads spill the beans, i was told however that tack is treating some of the lads to a chineese on the way home in wong gongs

Someone told me that went that it was tack that was shooting at someone elses targets.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Minky 123 wrote: »
    Someone told me that went that it was tack that was shooting at someone elses targets.:eek:

He should have turned on the P7, it might have helped him.

Minky 123 wrote: »
    He should have turned on the P7, it might have helped him.

My lips are sealed but boy did I enjoy hearing that. :D:D

I was told the same lad didn't fair to well in a re-shoot. (HA HA)

Shoulda gona toa...............
    4031.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nice day for it. Nice to meet a few more of you. Shot fairly crap, but it was great fun. Really nice competitive format. Will hopefully see another few of these now.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

it was a great day alright plenty of stick flying some great shooting.fair play to the lads at MNSCI for another well run competition.cant wait till the next, 8th of may I think, should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

congratulations to our very ownBELOWAVERAGE IQ for showing the rest of us how to shoot and winning the day with an impressive 157 /160 ...hope you waited till you got home to tackle that bottle of whiskey :D:D

was a great day and fair play to all the lads that made it happen ....

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Galway Elvis

Well done yet again to all concerned in the organising and running of todays competition.

Great day out. Top class shooting and piss taking and excuse making.

Well again my thanks go out to all involved in the running of the event.

And again my shooting was middling but I can't give out 'cos that's how I shoot at the best of times. Weather held off and was Ok but the wind played havoc with the rimfires as it gusted up and down from 2 o'clock.

Plenty of excuses for the worst shots as ever it was never their fault.
    Roll on the next event in May where I'm told the prizes will be something special. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

A quick note of a big congratulations to dCorbus. That wind was extremely nasty on the rimfires and he pulled a very solid score out of it. Really nicely done.

A quick note of a big congratulations to dCorbus. That wind was extremely nasty on the rimfires and he pulled a very solid score out of it. Really nicely done.

From last to first in 2 weeks. dC you musta put in some practice. :)

Well done yet again to all concerned in the organising and running of todays competition.

Great day out. Top class shooting and piss taking and excuse making.

I should have gone to speck savers:o

ah well, I'm glad my shots on Belows Target put him across the finish line :D I was happy enough that I got 78 out of 80 on one Target, Oitty I got 56 on the other, But them's the breaks.
    First time Meeting BelowAveragrIQ who was a sound man to chat too.

Glad to see everyone there in great form.
    Glorious day weatherwise .

Myself,Paulo and Dev went for a shot afterwards, tally was a few bunnies a piece and Paulo got a Fox on my permission @216

He will be posting a thread later on 75grain Hornady Match Vs a fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Well done to all the lads for putting on a great show today. I enjoyed it emencly and I look forward to the next day.

Nice to meet up with some more lads from here also.
    Well done Belowaverageiq for setting such a high score it will be hard to match never mind beat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bang2

Great day and great Craic shooting the targets the way they were set up.

belowaverage was never going to be be beaten with that score early on in the match, great shooting.

Well done also to ianoo with 147 , 4th I think, the 223 performed well

and congrats to diveshark with 146 on his first comp shoot, and first season with a CF.

great day all in all

Bang2

Advertisement