Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open shoot in midlands.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Great shoot, great craic & well run as usual :cool:

Happy out with my scores :cool:

Thanks to all who made it happen ;)

Must remember to shoot beside Tac next time as he helps lads out with their score apparently :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Great shoot, great craic & well run as usual :cool:

Happy out with my scores :cool:

Thanks to all who made it happen ;)

Must remember to shoot beside Tac next time as he helps lads out with their score apparently :P

I never got a chance to see the browning buckmark!

134/160 was not bad considering I fired 2-3 shots into the winners target of 157 :o
    I was not last :pac: And Myself and Paulo were both beaten by Dev who equalled clives score.

It was great fun all the same, look forward to the next comp!

I live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Are the results posted anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I never got a chance to see the browning buckmark!

134/160 was not bad considering I fired 2-3 shots into the winners target of 157 :o
    I was not last :pac: And Myself and Paulo were both beaten by Dev who equalled clives score.

It was great fun all the same, look forward to the next comp!

I live and learn.

It must be those Superformance rounds your using that are better than the shooter.
    Try using the sh!te (sarcastic tone of voice here) rounds all the rest of us are using. ;)

clivej wrote: »
    It must be those Superformance rounds your using that are better than the shooter.
    Try using the sh!te (sarcastic tone of voice here) rounds all the rest of us are using. ;)

I was using the same rounds as Dev FYI

55grain Hornady

• Advertisement

Clive had AE I believe **imaginary big spoon used in a stirring motion** :P
    I never got a chance to see the browning buckmark!.......

I'll bring it again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Clive had AE I believe **imaginary big spoon used in a stirring motion** :P

I'll bring it again ;)

You love stirring that spoon :rolleyes:

Yup he was using AE. They are a great round for a great price.
    I'm sorry I didn't use them as they are very accurate out to 200 yards but for my first comp I didn't know what to expect so I played safe and used hornady.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Was zeroing my .25 again after the competition and prone, at 200, was getting groups of about an inch on average with the Federal Powershok I've been using. Some a hair over, some a hair under. Fantastic accuracy for the price though!

dev110 wrote: »
    You love stirring that spoon :rolleyes:

Yup he was using AE. They are a great round for a great price.
    I'm sorry I didn't use them as they are very accurate out to 200 yards but for my first comp I didn't know what to expect so I played safe and used hornady.

First comp, Shooting Centrefire only 2 months, no mean feat equalling CJ's score a Target shooter for many, many years

First comp, Shooting Centrefire only 2 months,.....................

Beginners luck **imaginary big spoon used in a stirring motion** :P
    Was zeroing my .25 again after the competition and prone, at 200, was getting groups of about an inch on average with the Federal Powershok I've been using. Some a hair over, some a hair under. Fantastic accuracy for the price though!

Big difference between zeroing and the comp format though **ANOTHER imaginary big spoon used in a stirring motion** :P
    You love stirring that spoon :rolleyes:..........

I do ;)

• Advertisement

Big difference between zeroing and the comp format though **ANOTHER imaginary big spoon used in a stirring motion** :P

No argument. That wasn't target shooting. It was an entirely different beasty. Does test the reflexes and your ability to trigger decent shots quickly. Would love to have seen my targets actually, see what the group was like when I wasn't being as slow and easy on the trigger as I would with infinite time.

Next time, an idea could be to use hit or miss reactive targets, like a clay, which would be about the right size to simulate a shot on a fox or a good shot on a deer, and start from standing, with maybe seven or eight seconds to get into position and take a shot. It would test the confidence as well. If you decide to just swing it up and shoot standing, but if you go prone, you spend time getting into position but have the extra steadiness. Something like kneeling off sticks would end up the best compromise, but you still need to be able to get into it quickly and shoot well. Great simulation and a lot of fun. Could also make it mandatory. Same four shot system, but starting from standing each time, one each standing, kneeling, sitting and prone. It might open up the field a little. Use of sticks would be fine too. Any thoughts? I dropped a chunk of that suggestion in the box yesterday, but been having a further think to myself and the extra position demands would be interesting.

I do ;)

Or just a sign that I will consistently beat you :P

Atleast I use my varmint gun unlike someone's .204 ;)
    I can stir to :D

Or just a sign that I will consistently beat you :P

Atleast I use my varmint gun unlike someone's .204 ;)
    I can stir to :D

Next time, just beat him with his own Enfield. I reckon he'll do less stirring then. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Great day out yesterday and I was pleasently surprised at how I did but to be honest the crack with Tackleberry made the day, all I could hear beside me was ........BANG ....BANG.....fu(k fu(k fu(k...:D:D:D:D,
    It was extreemly difficult to shoot straight after that and I nearly got sick laughing....
    I know Tack comes in for alot of sh1te here and I have often dished out my fair share of it to him too, but I havnt laughed as much in months with the crack with him yesterday....Tack ,having finally met you, your clearly half mad.. and I mean that in the nicest possible way.:D
    Mind you judging on what I seen yesterday, If two deer stepped out in front of him he would more than likely hit the poor farmer that gave him the permission in the first place.

Great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Next time, just beat him with his own Enfield. I reckon he'll do less stirring then. :p
    Now that would just be mean :D

the crack with Tackleberry made the day, all I could hear beside me was ........BANG ....BANG.....fu(k fu(k fu(k...:D:D:D:D
    Feck. It didn't take him long to learn the target shooter's refrain, did it? :D

Sparks wrote: »
    Now that would just be mean :D

And he'd have to buy it then too ;)

It's a nice gun. You might have trouble getting it back off him alright. :p Next thing is to get Sparks to give it a shot on that same format.

Great day out yesterday and I was pleasently surprised at how I did but to be honest the crack with Tackleberry made the day, all I could hear beside me was ........BANG ....BANG.....fu(k fu(k fu(k...:D:D:D:D,
    It was extreemly difficult to shoot straight after that and I nearly got sick laughing....
    I know Tack comes in for alot of sh1te here and I have often dished out my fair share of it to him too, but I havnt laughed as much in months with the crack with him yesterday....Tack ,having finally met you, your clearly half mad.. and I mean that in the nicest possible way.:D
    Mind you judging on what I seen yesterday, If two deer stepped out in front of him he would more than likely hit the poor farmer that gave him the permission in the first place.

Great day.

Nice meeting you too ;)

And yes I am half mad.
    I hit everything I aimed at, Pitty I aimed at the wrong Target :o

I was using 20x, I dropped down to 14x and I got 78 with that so I was overall pleased (albeit kicking myself for fcuking it up in the first place)

Why would I have to buy it?

• Advertisement

It's a nice gun. You might have trouble getting it back off him alright. :p Next thing is to get Sparks to give it a shot on that same format.
    I've tried that already :D
    Good bit of craic, lots of crying after every shot, decent grouping but feeling odd about shooting off a rest instead of a sling while prone.
    Might be nice to try it again this summer, if I didn't have to buy the rifle (and upgrade my security level!) afterwards :D

Why would I have to buy it?

Well IF you beat me with it it would be the decent thing to do :P :P
    Good bit of craic, lots of crying after every shot, decent grouping but feeling odd about shooting off a rest instead of a sling while prone.
    Might be nice to try it again this summer, if I didn't have to buy the rifle (and upgrade my security level!) afterwards :D

You did and done well to if I remember rightly :eek::D

You know you want to :p

You could have a rattle off mine if you like, no excuses then ;)

After this weekend's shoot, I thought about it :D
    But looking at the bank account and remembering the cost per round, I'm not sold just yet :D

Nice meeting you too ;)

And yes I am half mad.
    I hit everything I aimed at, Pitty I aimed at the wrong Target :o

I was using 20x, I dropped down to 14x and I got 78 with that so I was overall pleased (albeit kicking myself for fcuking it up in the first place)

Don't worry Tac, normal service shall resume shortly and we can ALL go back to being Internet warriors .

After this weekend's shoot, I thought about it :D
    But looking at the bank account and remembering the cost per round, I'm not sold just yet :D

You should have come along.
    I think I saw IrlConnor sporting a rather fetching Jacket there.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

You should have come along.
    I think I saw IrlConnor sporting a rather fetching Jacket there.

And you didn't even come over to say hi. :(

Well IF you beat me with it it would be the decent thing to do :P :P

You did and done well to if I remember rightly :eek::D

I better start saving so :p

I better start saving so :p

An Ríocht, Castlemaine, next Sunday and we'll see ;)

We'll see who has a pair now :P

• Advertisement

IRLConor wrote: »
    And you didn't even come over to say hi. :(

Ah well, I could not be OUTTING my boards status in Public :eek:, even though some relished letting others know who I was.........

I was trying to get Paulo6.5 away from teh 200 range with the .308 as his Styer scout was almost glowing after 2 boxes or so of Hornady .308 superFormance

+ Supermacs Gourmet Food was calling
    Lots of people I recognised yesterday.
    Next time if there is no competition on I'll have more time to chat.

Advertisement