Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open shoot in midlands.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You should have come along.
    Was "shooting" elsewhere.
    I'd say shooting, but with the score I put in, it'd feel like cheating to call it that :D
    I think I saw IrlConnor sporting a rather fetching Jacket there.
    Oh dear.
    Someone noticed Conor's jacket before his rifle? That'll never do :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

An Ríocht, Castlemaine, next Sunday and we'll see ;)

We'll see who has a pair now :P

I'll try get off work so.
    Hope you take off the price of petrol and the wages that I will lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

dev110 wrote: »
    I'll try get off work so.

:cool: I shoot better under pressure ;)
    Hope you take off the price of petrol.

Won't need to :P

:cool: I shoot better under pressure ;)

Won't need to :P

When will I get to practice??

When will I get to practice??

You're not so confident all of a sudden **imaginary spoon in a stirring movement** :P

• Advertisement

You're not so confident all of a sudden **imaginary spoon in a stirring movement** :P

When is there a comp near me??

When is there a comp near me??

Not sure tbh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Kicking myself that I havent being able to make one of these comps yet!Sounds like a great laugh, but doesnt look like I'm gonna make the next one either!

Fingers crossed! :(

Not sure tbh :(

Let me know when you hear of one that you will be going to and if you can swing the licencing details in my direction then I'll be happy to give it a go :)

Let me know when you hear of one that you will be going to and if you can swing the licencing details in my direction then I'll be happy to give it a go :)

Will do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Ah well, I could not be OUTTING my boards status in Public :eek:, even though some relished letting others know who I was.........

Well, I've known who you are for a while so no need to hide from me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Tack, you were not difficult to identify. Knew it long before anyone pointed it out. Nobody is anonymous. Besides, we all know what each of us shoots, so your robot kinda gave the game away.

Rule 5 in action :D Love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Tack, you were not difficult to identify. Knew it long before anyone pointed it out. Nobody is anonymous. Besides, we all know what each of us shoots, so your robot kinda gave the game away.

And the fact that even with firing at the wrong Target My score still beat yours gave the game away too:p:p

And the fact that even with firing at the wrong Target My score still beat yours gave the game away too:p:p

Since I had two shots I didn't get off, I don't reckon either of us has much to be proud of, dearie.

Since I had two shots I didn't get off, I don't reckon either of us has much to be proud of, dearie.

2 shots or not Honey

I still scored better putting 2-3 shots into Belows Target :p

78 and 56 for me.
    You might listen to my advice on scope power next time my boy ;)
    Anyone who did well was on at least 12x.

A sako .26-06 a Quality scope and a regular competition shooter.
    I was expecting you to show us all how to win it :D

even with not getting 2 shots off you were well off the pace;)

2 shots or not Honey

78 and 56 for me.
    You might listen to my advice on scope power next time my boy ;)
    Anyone who did well was on at least 12x.

A sako .26-06 a Quality scope and a regular competition shooter.
    I was expecting you to show us all how to win it :D

even with not getting 2 shots off you were well off the pace;)

No, I had more than enough magnification. More would not have helped, only hindered getting smooth shots off quickly. Yep, was well off the pace, but spin over to the prone range and we'll see how you fare in my environment. I still enjoyed the day and reckon I'd do an awful lot better if I shot it again. That's what it was about, a new challenge.

No, I had more than enough magnification. More would not have helped, only hindered getting smooth shots off quickly. Yep, was well off the pace, but spin over to the prone range and we'll see how you fare in my environment. I still enjoyed the day and reckon I'd do an awful lot better if I shot it again. That's what it was about, a new challenge.

I'd do prone centrefire with you any day ;)

.308 Vs .25-06
    Level playing field

In fact .25-06 should have advantage :p
    There, I'm making it easy on you:D:D

That's not what I said, but if you want to play that game, ISSF 300m, and you can supply the rifles and ammo, or prone TR, or classic rifles shot properly, with military slings, no jackets, no optics.

That's not what I said, but if you want to play that game, ISSF 300m, and you can supply the rifles and ammo, or prone TR, or classic rifles shot properly, with military slings, no jackets, no optics.

Are ya trying to say you don't have confidence with your Sako prone, No sling, No Jacket??

I have shot 3 times in the past 10 years @mnsci in a comp and 2 of them were recently ;) Target shooting should have been your forté

Field conditions are my strength, not Range work

7eabc390-58d0-4b70-ab8f-a473fb0d2b31.jpg

• Advertisement

Are ya trying to say you don't have confidence with your Sako prone, No sling, No Jacket??

I have shot 3 times in the past 10 years @mnsci in a comp and 2 of them were recently ;) Target shooting should have been your forté

Field conditions are my strength, not Range work

7eabc390-58d0-4b70-ab8f-a473fb0d2b31.jpg

I know what it and I are capable of. It's functional. However, the competition was not target shooting as it's usually practised, and indeed was not meant to be, either. Think of it as light entertainment and relief, if you will, and let's face it, the format was a lot closer to your bread and butter than mine. Are you saying you're not confident to beat me at what I do?

I know what it and I are capable of. It's functional. However, the competition was not target shooting as it's usually practised, and indeed was not meant to be, either. Think of it as light entertainment and relief, if you will, and let's face it, the format was a lot closer to your bread and butter than mine. Are you saying you're not confident to beat me at what I do?

Are you not a deer stalker?
    I thought you and me were both hunters, you speak extensively on the subject of Hunting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

it'll be pistols at dawn in a few minutes :p:p:p:p

Are you not a deer stalker?
    I thought you and me were both hunters, you speak extensively on the subject of Hunting?

I am, first year into it, and I love it, but I get out a handful of times a year, and hardly more often to keep my hand in with my stalking rifle, while I shoot prone on the range for hours just about every week.

landkeeper wrote: »
    it'll be pistols at dawn in a few minutes :p:p:p:p

More like handbags at this stage.

I'm not sure whether to close the thread or put on some popcorn at this point :D
    Tack, you ought to read IWM's training blog...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

don't close don't close it its getting good with the dearies and duckies
    and after all tack deserves some kudos he contribited to the winning score :cool:

I am, first year into it, and I love it, but I get out a handful of times a year, and hardly more often to keep my hand in with my stalking rifle, while I shoot prone on the range for hours just about every week.

Myself and Dev110 are off out to play tig with a few bunnies, and try to get another fox.

The only time I'll get all week to practice in the field.

I'll try and post pics later

2 shots or not Honey

78 and 56 for me..............

:eek:

I got 77 on first detail :p

And I wasn't far away from you on second :p

And I had no Nightforce or Hornady ammo :eek:

Tac you've nothing to boast about lad :D

1941 Long Branch Lee Enfield in .303" with battle sights & Privi Partisan ammo :)

Now .................... where's me handbag and popcorn ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

clivej wrote: »
    From last to first in 2 weeks. dC you musta put in some practice. :)

Nope, no practice (not with that particular gun anyways) !;)
    I just made sure the rifle was actually zero'd properly this time around!:eek:
    My score still beat yours gave the game away too

And bearing in mind, tac, the slagging you forced me to endure and the derision meted upon my poorself the last time around at the hands of your goodself :), it's probably best that you now set the record straight and admit that this time around your own Centrefire score was bettered by a poor little measly .22!!! :p:p:D

That's right.....a .22:eek:

A CZ one at that!!

With a Tasco scope!!

With naught done to it other than a wee bit of amatuer free-floating and popping in a new trigger spring (courtesy of clivej's renown tinkering skills).

(At x12 I might as well add....for you ladies debating the scope power issue!)

Advertisement