If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Reciever for PC output

Options
  • 17-03-2011 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm looking for a bit of advise specific to my setup. I'm looking for a new AV amp, my old one has no digital input. I have:

1. A home theater PC setup running XBMC on Win7. Output Vid to the TV over HDMI. For audio I have options of optical or coaxial digital outputs.
    2. Blue-ray: Philips BDP2500/05
    3. TV: Philips 46PFL8605
    4. Speakers: UBL Northdidge E80 (x2 Front), ES25C (center), E20 (x2 Surround), no sub W.

I watch / Listen to the majority of my Movies, TV and audio through XBMC on the PC so that the most important aspect of the setup.

From what I can see I don't need an AMP with HDMI input but i'm open to advise.

Thanks

Justin

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@seabhreach,

Hi and welcome to the Richersounds forum. As a first-time poster please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum (here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744) - it is different to the usual discussion forums on Boards.

If your query is directed at Richersounds, then someone will be along to answer it. On the other hand, if you are looking for general advice from other Boardies, I can move your query to the Home Entertainment forums.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KevMac68

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@KevMac68

I appreciate that your post is well-intended, but please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - you can find it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744, particularly the following:
    # If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

There is usually a range of discussion/query threads open in the Home Entertainment section which might benefit from a helpful hand.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KevMac68

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

@KevMac68

I appreciate that your post is well-intended, but please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - you can find it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744, particularly the following:

There is usually a range of discussion/query threads open in the Home Entertainment section which might benefit from a helpful hand.

Thanks,

Ritz.
    Duly noted.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

seabhreach wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a bit of advise specific to my setup. I'm looking for a new AV amp, my old one has no digital input. I have:

1. A home theater PC setup running XBMC on Win7. Output Vid to the TV over HDMI. For audio I have options of optical or coaxial digital outputs.
    2. Blue-ray: Philips BDP2500/05
    3. TV: Philips 46PFL8605
    4. Speakers: UBL Northdidge E80 (x2 Front), ES25C (center), E20 (x2 Surround), no sub W.

I watch / Listen to the majority of my Movies, TV and audio through XBMC on the PC so that the most important aspect of the setup.

From what I can see I don't need an AMP with HDMI input but i'm open to advise.

Thanks

Justin

Justin,

Thnks a mill for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

To be honest pretty much every AV Receiver we stock now has both Coax/Optical & HDMI inputs so the world is your oyster - however I would really recommend adding a sub to get the full 'experience!'

If you give me an idea of your budget I'll get back to you sharpish with some ideas.

Apologies again for the delay & thanks for the opportunity to quote,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.