Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biker Gear in Lidl

• 17-03-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭

Not to be outdone by Aldi, Lidl will have some biker gear Next Thursday (24th)

Some good lookin stuff in there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

hmm the waterproofs and boots may be the most interesting - thanks for the link. sure of course lidl+aldi will compete! they are brothers! (the owners) lol :D better for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

The tank bags are worth a look if you need that kind of stuff too. Not too expensive and hard wearing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I saw the flip up helmet last time. It has an internal sun visor. Great value at about 600m quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Damn, was hoping they'd have the backpacks they had last year. Hard shell aerodynamic type ones. I need one to carry my laptop and a couple of books in.
    Can anyone recommend one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Pique wrote: »
    Damn, was hoping they'd have the backpacks they had last year. Hard shell aerodynamic type ones. I need one to carry my laptop and a couple of books in.

Any hard shells I've seen have been expensive, its a pity cos Id really like one too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

I would buy more except for one problem - no bike yet! lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I wonder what the leather jackets and pants will be like? The textile jackets were'nt great last year. I got the mini tankbag last year and it was very handy until I got a bike with a plastic tank...

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

leathers looked very ymca when i was looking at them last year,,maybe if your german

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Looking to maybe get the tank bag, is there any chance the magnets on the tank bag will scratch the tank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Looking to maybe get the tank bag, is there any chance the magnets on the tank bag will scratch the tank?

Havn't seen the lidl one yet but usually the magnets on a tank bag are inside fabric pockets, so the magnet itself wont scratch the tank, however what can cause scratches is little bits of dirt caught between the magnets and the tank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Pique wrote: »
    I carry my laptop in a regular rucksack,one big enough that it will take the laptop in its own carry case,but not too big as to be cumbersome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

If you look on eBay you can get a laptop/camera rucksack by Crumpler. A guy in Cork sells them for around €70. A bargain and a great bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Doc_46

If you look on eBay you can get a laptop/camera rucksack by Crumpler. A guy in Cork sells them for around €70. A bargain and a great bit of kit.

HI folks,
    I sent this off to Lidl yesterday. I know there's great value for money etc but i was amazed how much gear they had for sale in the UK two weeks ago compared to whats on offer here in Éire this week....More boots, Greater selection of helmet sizes/colours
    Mens Textile Jackets..Have a look at the link below
    I'm not whinging but fair's fair ....

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//SID-33BACC82-628FBD77/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=18730&idcheck=true&ar2=&ERR=IDNOTFOUND

Hi Folks,
    I must say I’m extremely disappointed with Lidl’s offers for their Irish “Biking “customers.
    I was notified by “Motorcycle News” some weeks ago to the upcoming sale of Motorcycle Clothing/Accessories
    in the UK and was looking forward to the same equipment in your Irish stores only to find a reduced
    choice of products, and if I didn’t know better I’d say the remnants of the “left over’s “ from your UK stores.
    I will also be posting this on Boards.ie
    M.Doherty,
    Loughrea,
    Co.Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the textile jacket there looks a lot better than the ****ty and tiny leather that we got here
    must think we're midgets the xl was tiny

Got herself one of the cordura jackets and got the tank bag-pleased enough with both:D
    The leathers looked crap but the flips looked decent enough for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I'd planned to get the larger tank bag but ended up taking the smaller 7-litre one; seems like less value for money (€19.99 vs €27.99 for the 32-litre) but it's far better made and to be honest I'd rather carry bulky items behind me in a rucksack (which I already have) than atop the tank.

I use a rucksack also,but only on commute to work(10k each way).Got the tank bag for days away with my good lady,rucksack wouldnt be an option,well,not on me anyways:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Know what you mean, I have a mid-sized "front rucksack" thing going on meself... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Doc_46 wrote: »
    HI folks,
    I sent this off to Lidl yesterday. I know there's great value for money etc but i was amazed how much gear they had for sale in the UK two weeks ago compared to whats on offer here in Éire this week....More boots, Greater selection of helmet sizes/colours
    Mens Textile Jackets..Have a look at the link below
    I'm not whinging but fair's fair ....

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//SID-33BACC82-628FBD77/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=18730&idcheck=true&ar2=&ERR=IDNOTFOUND

Hi Folks,
    I must say I’m extremely disappointed with Lidl’s offers for their Irish “Biking “customers.
    I was notified by “Motorcycle News” some weeks ago to the upcoming sale of Motorcycle Clothing/Accessories
    in the UK and was looking forward to the same equipment in your Irish stores only to find a reduced
    choice of products, and if I didn’t know better I’d say the remnants of the “left over’s “ from your UK stores.
    I will also be posting this on Boards.ie
    M.Doherty,
    Loughrea,
    Co.Galway.

I am looking for the address for the head office if you have it please, i am absolutely disgusted by what i saw in the store i was in yesterday.

I was going to buy a flip helmet from lidl last year but they seemed to be a bit sparce in padding around the forehead and felt uncomfortable so i left it, i noticed at that time that they had a good 3 or 4 helmets that seemed to be falling apart, but were still on sale. Anyway, in the store yesterday i decided to try a flip to see if the company had improved on the padding, put on helmet- no they hadnt, as i was putting it back in the box i noticed a couple of scuffs on the front, and looking at the box i noticed that it was different to all the other full face ones.

I had a look at the other helmets(open face and jet mainly) and there seemed to be a few of each in different, older looking boxes, some which were ripped and slightly old looking. One jet helmet even had what looked like mould on the under side, all the others in the older boxes seemed to be defective, in that the padding/lining at the back or side of the helmet was lifting away from the helmet.(My nephews used to lpay with an old one of mine and it was dropped so many times that the inner part of the helmet came away, so i wondered was it a case that they may have been dropped?)

I am bl**dy disgusted that lidl seem to be palming off old, damaged stock to their customers, especially something as important as motorcycle helmets.
    BTW one of the boxes was written on on the inside of the lid, €24.99 and a 5 digit number beside it- An old return possibly seeing as they are selling for €34.99 now?

chasm wrote: »
    I am looking for the address for the head office if you have it please, i am absolutely disgusted by what i saw in the store i was in yesterday.

I was going to buy a flip helmet from lidl last year but they seemed to be a bit sparce in padding around the forehead and felt uncomfortable so i left it, i noticed at that time that they had a good 3 or 4 helmets that seemed to be falling apart, but were still on sale. Anyway, in the store yesterday i decided to try a flip to see if the company had improved on the padding, put on helmet- no they hadnt, as i was putting it back in the box i noticed a couple of scuffs on the front, and looking at the box i noticed that it was different to all the other full face ones.

I had a look at the other helmets(open face and jet mainly) and there seemed to be a few of each in different, older looking boxes, some which were ripped and slightly old looking. One jet helmet even had what looked like mould on the under side, all the others in the older boxes seemed to be defective, in that the padding/lining at the back or side of the helmet was lifting away from the helmet.(My nephews used to lpay with an old one of mine and it was dropped so many times that the inner part of the helmet came away, so i wondered was it a case that they may have been dropped?)

I am bl**dy disgusted that lidl seem to be palming off old, damaged stock to their customers, especially something as important as motorcycle helmets.
    BTW one of the boxes was written on on the inside of the lid, €24.99 and a 5 digit number beside it- An old return possibly seeing as they are selling for €34.99 now?

LIDL Replied................

Dear Mr. Doherty
    We write in relation to your recent email regarding the Motorcycle Clothing and Accessories which are on sale today, 24th March 2011.
    Each Lidl country operates independently and therefore there is subsequently no uniform pricing or stock for non food specials. It is possible that sometimes specials are on offer in Ireland and also the UK but these can differ as each country is responsible for their own purchasing of items for sale.
    We would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us and assure you that your comments have been passed to the relevant department.
    If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on our Free Phone Number 1800 347 447. Our lines are open Monday to Saturday, 8am to 9pm.
    Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.
    Kind Regards,
    Claire Grace
    Customer Services Team
    Tel: 1800 347 447

• Advertisement

Could you give me the email address please Doc 46? thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Lucky bag time of the year again. I bought a tank bag for my bike last year and the zip bust a few weeks later, couldn't. Be bothered returning it so I bin'd it. I wouldn't trust their lids if they were to save me from falling out of bed,
    You basically pay for what you get. Arai for me 

I have bought loads of the B square motorcycle gear when they used to sell it, have a tank bag, waterproofs, kidney belts, gloves and a helmet, and found them all to be great, it's only in the last year or so that they seem to have changed supplier/brand and the stuff is very shoddy IMO . I think it's called crivit sports or something like that.

Have to say i don't buy into all that helmet snobbery myself, but that argument has been done to death on here, each to their own i say ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

The socks are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Was out today with the socks. Very comfy. Would not trust helmets.

chasm wrote: »
    Could you give me the email address please Doc 46? thanks

Hi Chasm,

It's just customer.services@lidl.ie

Re/Doc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Motor bike stuff still available in shannon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Picked up the small tank bag and socks. The small tank bags were popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I was in Lidl and Aldi today looking at the biker gear. It seems like pretty good value.

There is a few items I was thinking of getting from Lidl/Aldi

Gloves (Aldi)
    Kidney Belt (Aldi)
    Waterproof over shoes (Aldi)
    Leather Throusers (Aldi)
    Material Jacket (Aldi)
    Helmet (Aldi)

The three main ones are the throusers, jacket and helmet. Would I be mad buying stuff like this from Lidl or Aldi?

Advertisement