Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costume Design

Options
  • 17-03-2011 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey, I need an advise badly! I have to do an idea book with sketches for a course (costume design), would it be okay if I drew updated looks of fairytales as my theme? or will i do ordinary characters?
    Thank you in adance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We really can't answer that for you. It sounds like a good idea but you need to ask your teacher/lecturer, check your brief or look at the course description/module.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

gwanred wrote: »
    Hey, I need an advise badly! I have to do an idea book with sketches for a course (costume design), would it be okay if I drew updated looks of fairytales as my theme? or will i do ordinary characters?
    Thank you in adance!

May I ask where are you doing this course? Is it a degree? I am looking around for costume design courses but only came across one in Portobello which is out of my leak. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gwanred

It is Inchicore College, two year certifate!
    http://www.inchicorecollege.ie/costume_design_and_make-up.htm
    Thats the direction there! =]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

There's also a course in sallynoggin college in dun laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

if I were you i would pick a fairly well known play and set it in a particular era.
    research the era and develop your ideas from there.
    consider costume changes and possible locations etc.
    also design hair and accessories and make sure the look is complete.

good luck and have fun! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jackbarton

that's good idea!!!

Advertisement