Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raffle/Auction for signed Galway UTD jersey?

Options
  • 17-03-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm volunteering in the summer & organising a few fundraising events. Managed to get a fully signed Galway UTD jersey and had anticipated on raffling it at a table quiz. Just wondering if this is the best approach? I want to maximise the funds as I'd like to raise as much money as possible for the charity!

So guys and gals, is a raffle the best way? Like selling tickets on the night of the quiz or another method? I'm useless at this!!!! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Raffle could be a good way, or if anywhere is having a charity auction around Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Could try local businesses also, some might like the jersey to put on display, and in turn could sponsor you. Although, may be a little hard to get any business to sponsor anyone in a recession :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Raffle it at the quiz along with other prizes, something for everyone. Let people pick their prize then as the tickets are drawn. From quizes I've been involved in organising, if you have one or two good raffle prizes you'll raise as much from the raffle as the quiz itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Why not approach the Galway United Supporters Trust? They are very proactive.

They now run the club on a day to day basis. I read that they have sold a staggering 700 season tickets this year alone.

Advertisement