Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

benbulben Hike

Options
  • 17-03-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to hike up benbulben next weekend. Just wanted peoples advice for it. Experienced at hiking easy routes...anything involving navigation is probably a bit dodgey for me so just wanted to check if this route is safe enough?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cagefan

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 piddles

Well did you climb it... how did you get on? I've always thought of hiking it but... well haven't so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cagefan

Nope not yet. Going next weekend! will let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Went up a good few years back (8-10). Took the first road up the Horseshoe coming from Cliffony, continued until just before the road takes a sharp left towards the foot of Truskmore and went a few yards up a bog road. We then crossed the bog and scrambled straight up the back (east) side. It's a short enough walk to the trig point from there. View is spectacular. Well worth it and I must head up again before long.
    I'm not sure what the approved path up is and if there are still problems with " The Bull"(ocks) McSharry. Maybe contact the Sligo/Leitrim Mountain Rescue or Sligo Hill Walking Club. More than likely to have good info. (as opposed to my half remembered waffle about an impulisive, ill prepared hike :D).

• Advertisement
Advertisement