Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Thomas-G wrote: »
    It's strange, the more I play this, the more I'd prefer to be playing Street Fighter or Blazblue, and I adored it when it came out. It's not just the block system, it's a lot of things. I can't put my finger on it.

Still, challenge tower is a blast.

I know what you mean. I think its the cheap tactics and spamming of special moves. Don't get me wrong its a great game but does not seem to have the depth of SSF4 or MvC3 to me so far. Will give it some time and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It's clunky. Only way to describe it.

Also that Sub-Zero glitch is hilarious. I guess we know who's going to win that 21K tournament :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

It's great to play for fun but not competitively. For me at least. Although one thing I love is that most moves are 526 as opposed to 5236. Gives a lot more freedom with the stick, since you can bang them out dragon punch style if you're not feeling too precise.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Orim wrote: »
    It's clunky. Only way to describe it.

Also that Sub-Zero glitch is hilarious. I guess we know who's going to win that 21K tournament :pac:

I now have a mental image of a guy in a sub zero costume on the evo stream freezing people mid fight.

That's a pretty awesome mental image, actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You could imagaine a rule being set up that if this happened in a tourney than the sub player loses the round.

I don't think subzero is that high tier anyway so we wouldn't be seeing many in tourneys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Might want to hold off on that Sub Zero bet, Sindel would like to have a word with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

all these combos are great in practice mode, still waiting to see an actual video of them in a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

You'll never see these in proper matches since they'll all be tournament banned. Sub-Zero's breaks the game, and Sindel's just gives her 100% combos. Yes you can breaker her combos, but you need to wait until you've built up enough meter from her doing huge damage to you.

It's crazy that the game has only been out for a few weeks and people have already discovered its riddled with glitches and bugs that need to be patched out.

GorySnake wrote: »
    You'll never see these in proper matches since they'll all be tournament banned. Sub-Zero's breaks the game, and Sindel's just gives her 100% combos. Yes you can breaker her combos, but you need to wait until you've built up enough meter from her doing huge damage to you.

It's crazy that the game has only been out for a few weeks and people have already discovered its riddled with glitches and bugs that need to be patched out.
    not even tournaments, Online play.

Well they've only just been discovered, and you'd have to be a real dickhead to go online and make the MK online experience even more enjoyable for others with these glitches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

GorySnake wrote: »

Tournament banning 100% combos? How could that possibly be enforced?
    Plenty of games have touch of deaths that are all perfectly accepted.

The Raiden/Sub-Zero glitch combos are indeed pushing it a bit though.

Sairus wrote: »
    Tournament banning 100% combos? How could that possibly be enforced?

Easily, its a glitch. If they successfully land more than one scream in a combo with Sindel, they're doing her float cancel glitch.

Traded this today for portal :). SSF4 and MvC3 are just more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Had to stop myself from trading it for portal today.
    It ain't a bad game, it just ain't no SF.
    I will give it more time methinks.These glitches are very off putting

My copy's fecked up that achievements aren't unlocking anymore, will keep it though tis a fun game to play with the lads having a few drinks and has the pick up and play ability that sf doesn't hAVE FOR SOME GAMERS sorry for caps there. I'm a total mk fanboy though

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

PDP American national MK championship has started streaming on Team Spooky's justin.tv channel.

Alex Valle is looking pretty good with Lui Kang. He's throwing out some nice combos. Also Tom Brady is not allowed to enter the tournament so it'll be interesting to see who takes the 10gs.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Neeknak wrote: »
    Also Tom Brady is not allowed to enter the tournament so it'll be interesting to see who takes the 10gs.
    Im glad he isnt allowed enter the last tourney he won against perfect legend was great until he picked noob and it just turned into a boring keep away clone game

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Why is he not allowed to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Why is he not allowed to play?

He was employed as a play tester during the game's development so according to the tourney rules, he's disqualified from entering.

On a side note, Jop's Raiden is sick. Really sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

eco2live wrote: »
    Traded this today for portal :). SSF4 and MvC3 are just more fun

Shame! even though PSN is down i'm having a blast, challenge towers completed, ladder finished with all characters, next i plan to get those ridiculously hard hidden trophies : (

• Advertisement

Mickles_86 wrote: »
    Shame! even though PSN is down i'm having a blast, challenge towers completed, ladder finished with all characters, next i plan to get those ridiculously hard hidden trophies : (

I have nearly cleared Portal already :rolleyes:

Portal is a great game but I should have rented it. I found it very easy. Will try and return it later after finishing it. Should have kept kombat :( and waited for the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

What are these updates?
    I just want them to make online an enjoyable experience but i can't see it.They would have to rewrite all the code from scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

PSN is back up. PSN store is not, making it impossible to redeem online kodes. I am not amused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Naphiel wrote: »
    PSN is back up. PSN store is not, making it impossible to redeem online kodes. I am not amused.

Some lad on the other MK thread in the games section said he has playing online on PSN already. Im not sure but maybe you can redeem the online kode through the game itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'll give that a try in a little while. I just presumed since the store wasn't up yet that you wouldn't be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You cant redeem the codes yet. I get an error message 80710D36

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

Played online since PSN came back on, not as laggy as i thought it was gonna be and a few games were just like playing offline which made it easier to string combos together.
    The stats are a bit messed up though, i left a lobby with a record of (1v1)44/8 and (tag) 13/0 but when i went into a different lobby it had (1v1) 26/5 and (tag) 9/0.........dunno what thats all about :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

You can't redeem your kode, but you can just use the 48hr trial for now.

Justin Wong takes the 10k in the PDP tourney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Are the vids of the games?

Advertisement