Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Anyone fancy setting up a Boards room later on tonight for some fights?

flawless idea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Boon just announced that (shock horror) all the retailer exclusive pre-order DLC (7 classic costumes + 3 Fatalities) will be coming to the XBLA and PSN soon. A trailer will be released on Friday.
    The DLC will come in one single batch, but no price or date of release has been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

COMPLEATED CHALLENGE TOWER!!!!

top three most difficult challenges(personally):

3 Raidan vs Noob with inf X gauge, extra strength x3 , extra defense and whatever else

2 the final challenge.

1 Ermac vs Goro x3

the absolute best thing about this game is spamming is a viable tactic against AI and Friend alike (with the bonus that your friend gets so angry!!).

I've heard everyone of my house mates lose their temper at this game, and it makes me laugh just hearing it from another room.
    I lose my temper too, but it just makes the game a bigger win; old fashioned, proper, unfair computer games complete with dodgy bits. I've heard no one shout at Half life, or a recent FF, or tekken for that matter as much as MK.

It captures that sort of stupid fun that games were, crushingly unfair one minute and seemingly easy the next.
    the fact that they managed to make this game so much fun now after so much rubbish, is about as special if someone like Fat-boy Slim or Moby or chemical brothers suddenly made an album that didn't "kinda suck" just out of the blue after whatever the names of their most recent things were.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I've heard everyone of my house mates lose their temper at this game, and it makes me laugh just hearing it from another room.
    I lose my temper too, but it just makes the game a bigger win; old fashioned, proper, unfair computer games complete with dodgy bits

Man that takes me back.

All the way back to the Vanilla SF4 Seth boss.

• Advertisement

the absolute best thing about this game is spamming is a viable tactic against AI and Friend alike (with the bonus that your friend gets so angry!!).

Misty banned me from using Sheeva's stomp the other day after a flawless stompy victory :pac:
    T'was good stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

when i leave a king of the hill lobby and join a different one the next day why do my respect points never save? am i the only one that this is happening to? i'm not rage quitting either so it can't be penalty points. left a lobby with 717 last nite, got back from work and joined a lobby only to find it went back to 580, happens every day :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Is the PSN shop still down? I just tried to log into it but I still get the down for maintenance message. Has there been word on when the shop will be back up?

Yar, shop is still down. They haven't confirmed when it'll be back specifically, but they said that all services will be back by the end of the month.

Until then you can play it online without the redeeming a kombat pass.

Sheeva's stomp is a joke, you can so easily evade it.

what Misty needs is a good friend who will continue to use the stomp until the correct evading strategy is discovered.

• Advertisement

also, lol rules; another magic element of games forgotten.

"no sweeping!":mad:

No throwing" :mad:

NOOOO constant Noob teleport!!:mad::mad:

I'M NOT PLAYING!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sheeva's stomp is a joke, you can so easily evade it.
    You can aim Sheeva's stomp after she leaps, so with some decent prediction or reactions it makes it much harder to avoid.
    Still very avoidable if you're careful though! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sairus wrote: »
    Yar, shop is still down. They haven't confirmed when it'll be back specifically, but they said that all services will be back by the end of the month.

Until then you can play it online without the redeeming a kombat pass.

Thanks Sairus. Hopefully it will be up by the time the DLC comes out in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

Gonna make a lobby tonight around 11.30 if anyone here fancies a few games on PS3. OOBOARDSIE

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Hey lads. Just thought I'd let you know, I'm selling MK9 on Adverts.ie. €30 collection+cash/PayPal or €32 posted/PayPal only. You can check it out here: http://www.adverts.ie/622123

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

First DLC character trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

J0hnick wrote: »

First DLC character trailer.

That X-ray at the end is quite nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Anyone looking for games of this add me. Too many random USA heads which means lag. Just wanna play it with a decent connection somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Don't know if it's been posted already, pretty funny.

MK rage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

The Hound wrote: »
    Anyone looking for games of this add me. Too many random USA heads which means lag. Just wanna play it with a decent connection somewhat.

You on PSN?

• Advertisement

eco2live wrote: »
    You on PSN?
    No I'm on XBL. might try get it for PSN. Doubt its any better on PSN though

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

GGs earlier hound, that was some ass kickin you gave me with half the cast :o (8-2 to you I think ?). I was on the fence about maining Sub Zero or Sonya but after those match's, I think Ill be using Sonya "Lag Tactics" Blade for now :cool: .

J0hnick wrote: »
    GGs earlier hound, that was some ass kickin you gave me with half the cast :o (8-2 to you I think ?). I was on the fence about maining Sub Zero or Sonya but after those match's, I think Ill be using Sonya "Lag Tactics" Blade for now :cool: .
    Lol ye ggs, I wouldnt say half the cast. Scorpion, Raiden, Sub, J cage and Kung lao is all I can play. Was fun

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

Does anyone know if this game is played offline anywhere in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

XGC on liffey street just ask

Yeah its played you just need to arrange it on here

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

TurboTaco wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this game is played offline anywhere in Dublin?

If someone who plays Mortal Kombat wants it to continue to grow, someone who actually likes it needs to stand up and organise tournaments.

This is my third time of saying this :)

The Klassic Kostume Pack is up now on PSN and XBLA for €4.99 and 400 points respectively.
    This pack will net you the classic costumes for Sub Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Jade, Mileena and Kitana. It'll also give you classic fatalities for Sub Zero, Scorpion and Reptile.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Enjoyed this game for a few weeks but traded it in a couple of days ago for 30 euro. I never really liked the juggle combo system used. Back to SSF4AE.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Enjoyed this game for a few weeks but traded it in a couple of days ago for 30 euro. I never really liked the juggle combo system used. Back to SSF4AE.

Thirty euro you say... hmmmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

FutureGuy wrote: »

I did the same thing. I knew I'd ignore it when Arcade Edition came out, turns out I got bored earlier than that. Still holding off till the AE disc comes out since I never bought Super.

Advertisement