Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

You only get Skarlet this week if you have X-Box. PS3 got shafted again due to "technical difficulties" [:rolleyes:] and we should be getting her next week [:rolleyes:]

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

They're using the "we have to translate the content into the different languages" excuse. I answered back asking how the Eu X-box has to do that aswell and can still have it up when it's supposed to be up. I get the feeling Sony thinks we're morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Didn't the xbox also get that deal where you can buy all the future DLC now for a discount? I don't think we're getting that on PS3 either.

But it shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Its been established recently that you shouldn't expect too much of Sony's online experience.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Didn't the xbox also get that deal where you can buy all the future DLC now for a discount? I don't think we're getting that on PS3 either.

But it shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Its been established recently that you shouldn't expect too much of Sony's online experience.

Yeah they do. The Season Pass. €20 or something and you can just download the characters and content when they come out. It looks like I'll be switching. I'm fed up of this constant drama over this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Are ye not more annoyed you're being paid more because you're not in England?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yes but thats been beaten to death. The constant delays and then the lies and excuses are the worst part of this whole fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

J0hnick wrote: »
    Did you download the Kompatability pack ?, it lets you fight against Skarlett and the robots in their MK3 costumes.

not me since I am Irish. . . . . . but it on testyourmight.com and such

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

not me since I am Irish.

So am I, its been up on X-Box live since Tuesday, its free to but obviously you can only fight against Skarlett (cant play as her).

• Advertisement

PSN has adjusted the prices for the Klassic skins pack. If you paid the original price a refund of the difference is forth coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Even their website is not working. Cant get into forums as it just goes to Facebook. Leaderboards are not working for me. They made a balls of online from the start. The launch of the costumes and other DLC. I can never find anyone on PSN in a ranked game and there where more copies of it sold on PS3 then xbox.

Company cant get anything right. They are 90% there to a really good game and they are messing it up. Its still selling by the bucketload so I suppose but it will die a death very quickly unless they get their act together.

I'm not sure if it is nrs or sony messing this all up. But they have been giving the deadline for evo. Hopefully all problems are fixed by July 12th. Any changes after that won't be at evo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

In dublin, in the exchange.

It's in the early days though, dno't quote me on it.

Oh man, I hate the exchange. Only been there twice but on both occasions there was nothin' but dickheads around, treatin' me like dirt. Place is a dump.

Oh man, I hate the exchange. Only been there twice but on both occasions there was nothin' but dickheads around, treatin' me like dirt. Place is a dump.

Well I can say we ain't like that. What crowd where you with?

All the DLC including Scarlet is up on PSN now for MK. Priced normally also.

So much for it will take another week?? The online is as good as it gets now. Really fast. You can find people in Ranked easier.

All good except.......

The only thing with it is that if you don't have the DLC and you are playing against somebody who does not have the DLC then it sometimes disconnects. Mostly good if they have the patch. Scarlet is a much better character then I expected.

m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxK_JkoKOpE0%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded&feature=player_embedded&v=xK_JkoKOpE0&gl=US

Kenshi trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

(To embed a Youtube video, just grab the garbeled set of letters from the youtube link - 'xK_JkoKOpE0' in the above case - and put it inside a pair of [.youtube][./youtube] brackets. Take out those full stops from the brackets though ;D )

My bad. Copied of android youtube app. Must have gotten messed up. Thanks for reposting dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I seem to be having some "technical difficulties" of my own here. I'm playing on the Xbox and running into a few problems Live. The main on being my Xbox freezing and needing to be reset. It's only happening with Mk though, I could play any other game from now till next xmas and never have to reset the Xbox. Is this happening anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No sign of TunzTheDonV9?

deathrider wrote: »
    I seem to be having some "technical difficulties" of my own here. I'm playing on the Xbox and running into a few problems Live. The main on being my Xbox freezing and needing to be reset. It's only happening with Mk though, I could play any other game from now till next xmas and never have to reset the Xbox. Is this happening anyone else?

I was starting to have a lot of trouble on PS3 last night.

Kept getting "game session is no longer available" and "game session has desynchronised ". Plus it was freezing a lot on the character select screen.

I was starting to have a lot of trouble on PS3 last night.

Kept getting "game session is no longer available" and "game session has desynchronised ". Plus it was freezing a lot on the character select screen.

Hmmm, at least it's not just me then. I'm wondering if that makes the situation better or worse though :confused:

Its only happening since I got the DLC. Maybe its just clashing with people who didn't get the upgrade pack or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I am asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

That's nice and all.
    But what does it have to do with MK? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

It is also a known issue that I have a short attention span

Its only happening since I got the DLC. Maybe its just clashing with people who didn't get the upgrade pack or whatever.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure this started happening before the DLC became available though. It's putting me off fighting online, which is a real pity, because fighting humans is a hell of a lot more fun than fighting AI.

OK so apparently what causes the game to desync is indeed the new patch/DLC.

If you get matched with someone who doesn't have the DLC, (or upgrade pack I'm assuming) which is pretty much everyone in my experience, you CANNOT pick any DLC characters i.e. Skarlet or use klassic costumes or the game will freeze. This also goes for Kratos too I hear. Now I haven't tested this specifically, but it seems to be what most people are saying.

Also, and this was my problem, you CANNOT pick alt costumes/colours. I always pick Smoke's second costume and this was causing my game to desync. Sure enough when I chose the default costume the game ran fine.

This is absolutely ridiculous and they better fix it soon.

• Advertisement

OK so apparently what causes the game to desync is indeed the new patch/DLC.

If you get matched with someone who doesn't have the DLC, (or upgrade pack I'm assuming) which is pretty much everyone in my experience, you CANNOT pick any DLC characters i.e. Skarlet or use klassic costumes or the game will freeze. This also goes for Kratos too I hear. Now I haven't tested this specifically, but it seems to be what most people are saying.

Also, and this was my problem, you CANNOT pick alt costumes/colours. I always pick Smoke's second costume and this was causing my game to desync. Sure enough when I chose the default costume the game ran fine.

This is absolutely ridiculous and they better fix it soon.

You on PSN or XBL? If you are on XBL there is a fix. You just need to download and install the DLC and compatibility pack again and it should work. I am on PSN so cant confirm for sure but it is listed on Shorken as a fix.

Advertisement