Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

deathrider wrote: »
    While on the subject of DLC, am I the only one who'd like to see a new rake of Challenge tower floors released as a DLC pack? I had a ball playing through the ones on the disc, and I'd be more than happy to play through another load of them.
    i'd want a better reward!! Like a character, when they were on about it first they were on about when you see they have this online you know they're good. A costume. Seriously. GAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yeah but its so quick you don't have time to block.

I find Kenshi's 30% pretty easy to do. If you're close you don't even need to dash in between. The 35% is a bit trickier and rarely works online.

i very rarely get hit by a raw ermac xray,
    normally people put in in his bnb
    ah right cool,what inputs ya doin for a 30%+ with kenshi? how safe it2?

i liked kenshi in older gamers so id like to have him at least as a vaiable backup to my main4 people i use,hes zoining game isgood bit much like ermac when you know what to block high n what low hes not so bad at all

ps.any sindel mains out there?
    decideing between sonya sindel n nightwolf who to learn next

While on the subject of DLC, am I the only one who'd like to see a new rake of Challenge tower floors released as a DLC pack? I had a ball playing through the ones on the disc, and I'd be more than happy to play through another load of them.

i would 2 but sadly ed boon said NRS never thought it would be so popular so they never planned any dlc for it, id love if they made cyber reptile avaible outside that challenge,
    PS. also am i the only one who see potenial for a cyber baraka?? :p

i'd want a better reward!! Like a character, when they were on about it first they were on about when you see they have this online you know they're good. A costume. Seriously. GAY.

i think its more to do with the nature of the kostume, mileena face has never really been seen before mk9 let alone to play with her unmasked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

i would 2 but sadly ed boon said NRS never thought it would be so popular so they never planned any dlc for it, id love if they made cyber reptile avaible outside that challenge,
    PS. also am i the only one who see potenial for a cyber baraka?? :p
    i think its more to do with the nature of the kostume, mileena face has never really been seen before mk9 let alone to play with her unmasked
    Ya still agree with me though! Cyber reptile:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It was seen during a few of her fatalities over the years. Everyone knows what she looks like under the mask.

However, it was cool to play as her maskless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

ah right cool,what inputs ya doin for a 30%+ with kenshi?

Just do: F+2, 2, B+1 (dash if there's a big gap) DB1, F+2, 2, B+2 (30%). Nice easy one and its reliable. You can substitute the B+2 for a shoulder push if you want, at the cost of a couple percent.

For 35% do: F+2, 2, B+1 <DASH> F+3, 2, DB1, F+2, 2, B+2 (or shoulder)

It was seen during a few of her fatalities over the years. Everyone knows what she looks like under the mask.

i never said has never been seen before but that with this game they dont hide it because everyone does know whats under there now unlike in arcade mks

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

People online who don't have the DLC. So when when I go to pick Kenshi, he's not there. Its tough to learn a character when you can't select them.

• Advertisement

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

People online who don't have the DLC. So when when I go to pick Kenshi, he's not there. Its tough to learn a character when you can't select them.

couldnt agree more. the compatabitily packs should be made mandatory,like in a patch but,this wont be done because of xbox users that dont have hdds,which i think sucks that ps3 users have to suffer for this2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

They could at least do something like AE for Street Fighter. Only pair people up with people who have the important DLC you have.

Sairus wrote: »
    They could at least do something like AE for Street Fighter. Only pair people up with peoplede who have the important DLC you have.

ye see what your saying,that would work for ranked matches but not really for player matches,
    would be like playin d game before the last patch with all them desyncs

ps.to anyone who dooesnt get the rain comp pack i hate u :p

skins with rain will be mk2 kitana and jade,
    well that sucks,
    they already had klassics so i think that was a bad idea seeing as chars such as cyber sub only have1 costume all 2geter, 4shame NRS, bet alot of people wont bother with the free pack which means not alot of using rain online.......grrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I don't know about that. I'm glad they've released the MK2 costumes as I never liked the MK3 outfits.

Might start learning them both now.

ye its good to have more mk2 stuff but just mybe do some char who dont have klassic already like radien or sonya, kano too (but i since day one seeing him in mk i hated him) haha:rolleyes:

I'd like a new outfit for my Kano. His alt is a bit meh.

Sucks about the girls getting the new costumes. They already got some damn it!

guess now all there is now is2 wait 2 see who this mystery 4th person is,
    my hope on kostumes on that is radien one2

So who do we think the forth guy will be?

hmmm with the hype there tryin to build it should be someone awesome like maybe shujenko :eek:
    from cetain chars endings cold maybe be havok or shinnok,maybe a double 1 to justify the hype?
    just hopefully aint a boss char,i have had head whispers of blaze for some reason
    super long shot bet, khameleon

• Advertisement

Well I thought it might be Fujin but that idea got shot down! :pac:

Perhaps it will be Havik? As far as I can remember he appeared in one of the character endings. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a playable character, as he was one of the better newcomers from the PS2 generation.

id be happy with havok more than shinnok but if its them two or a new char ill be happy,anyone else i dont think i will be exceptmaybe shujenko
    no tanya, no kintaro r such
    ,i just want to live up to the hype there building and be better than the last 3,it needs to be awesome,
    ie.dont do something as stupid as b4 by puttin kartos in the game,he so broken he makes akuma look like a scrub

I still can't get a fcuking match online. Gets as far as the loading screen to start the fight, then says my opponent has left. If it's in King Of The Hill mode then the whole room leaves. This is really starting to piss me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

Yeah, I gave up with online play after 3 fights. It takes forever to find a fight and when you do, it lags like mad. The game may be tournament-worthy, but I don't think it will have much lasting power unless they can fix the netcode on it.

i dont have a prob getting matches and with very little lag most of the time
    by the way, rain is awesome!
    his f3 should hit as low but hts as high but what ya gonna do :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I have no lag at all in it any more since it was patched. It takes ages to find ranked matches. I mostly just play in the rooms. It finds matches easy there. I don't really give a toss about ranked anyway.

The new characters are great. I just wish they would expand the selection screen and give them their own default box without the slide out yoke at the bottom.

I have been playing it more then any other game. When you get good players it is a great game.

I don't experience lag much anymore but you will get the odd fool that tries to play with a terrible connection.

I will say though that I find it very hard to get a game on the PS3. Its worse late in the evening, there seems to be nobody on. I don't have much success with the rooms either.

I've only studied Rain a small bit but he seems ridiculous. Day one and I've already seen a 50% midscreen meterless.

Lag isn't my problem. It's the matches getting cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I don't experience lag much anymore but you will get the odd fool that tries to play with a terrible connection.

I will say though that I find it very hard to get a game on the PS3. Its worse late in the evening, there seems to be nobody on. I don't have much success with the rooms either.

I've only studied Rain a small bit but he seems ridiculous. Day one and I've already seen a 50% midscreen meterless.

I seen the same. Some people have so much time to play. 1000 games and 50% combos a day after a characters release. Rob you can add me if you want a few games on PSN my tag is Plumpynuter. I never have any problem getting games in a room but I have a really good connection and people accept my challenges 70% of the time.

Cant be arsed waiting on ranked. I wish the rooms where ranked. Its a much better way of playing.

Advertisement