Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

New character announced, don't think anyone could have predicted this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

WAT

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That's a perfect fit, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm really impressed by this. And the fact that it's DLC kinda makes it sweeter. That way, if you don't want him, you can just not buy him. If you do, he's there. Everyone's happy.
    Yeah, it could have been Shinnok, or Fujin, or Havik, and chances are he'll just be a novelty character. But, hey- It's a nice fun change of pace, if you ask me (which is odd, because I hated the idea of Kratos being in the game), and he looks like he'd be fun to use.

EDIT: I might seem like a little bit of a Freddy fanboy here, but that's simply because I am! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

JASON JASON JASON JASON JASON JASON JASON

Sorry living out a nerd fantasy here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

When I first read this I thought it was a joke. I think it's a pretty cool idea. Does this mean Warner might be making another Nightmare on Elm Street remake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Does this mean Warner might be making another Nightmare on Elm Street remake?

They already did in 2010 and it was crap. They are supposed to be making another in 2012.

It is a great addition to the cast. All the other DLC are good also.

eco2live wrote: »
    They already did in 2010 and it was crap. They are supposed to be making another in 2012.

It is a great addition to the cast. All the other DLC are good also.

I actually really liked the remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't a patch on the original. The guy who played Freddy did a great job though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 keksybg

I annot wait to get my grubby little hands on this game. I have always loved tha careless "break your screen" style of violenec. I know that prob. does not say much good about me...

It just might be good. I did not see it because of the crap reviews. I might give it a look (ahem download) ;)

deathrider wrote: »
    It wasn't bad, but it wasn't a patch on the original. The guy who played Freddy did a great job though.
    eco2live wrote: »
    It just might be good. I did not see it because of the crap reviews. I might give it a look (ahem download) ;)

It's definitely not as bad as the reviews made it out to be. The guy who plays Freddy does a great job. There's less dark comedy and wise cracks this time. He really does come across as believably evil without being a stereotype, probably because in the original he was a serial killer but now he's a serial killer and a sadistic paedobear.

Definitely worth a watch anyway.

Reposting this from the games forum.

So, for those of you who love Mk, for those of you who want to see it kick SF's ass, for those of you who want to enter the competitive world of video gaming or even those who are just curious- here's something you may be interested in.

The Irish Fighting Game community is holding a MK9 tournament on July 30th in the Exchange in Dublin.

There will be other FG tournaments on the the day too so you can check them out if you like.

Info is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056322901

If you want MK to succeed in Ireland, and continue to play, and grow like the Street Fighter and Blaz Blue scenes, you really should come along: The people running this are not MK fans and they've no reason to unless you, the people who love this title, show up, and let them see there's passion about MK in Ireland.

You'll also stand the chance to get yourself recorded in tournament in a commentated HD video:

I can't stress- Fighting games live and die on their tournament play. For the last 2 years, the Street Fighter community has sent Irish people to play in Vegas at Evo. There's no reason Mortal Kombat can't grow like that- but you need to come for it to happen!

(posted with mods permission)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

(posted with mods permission)

Azza wears the pants in this forum then, eh?

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Azza wears the pants in this forum then, eh?

Don't make me edit your posts :)

645px-Kan-Os.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

nice, i hope he chokes on them thou :mad: damn kano

check this one out thought it was good
    http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/mk_psa_smoking.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

...but that man clearly lived to a ripe old age despite picking up smoking.

In fact his mysterious friend disappears after giving away his cigarettes. I can only assume that he died off camera somewhere because he stopped smoking.

Sairus wrote: »
    ...but that man clearly lived to a ripe old age despite picking up smoking.

In fact his mysterious friend disappears after giving away his cigarettes. I can only assume that he died off camera somewhere because he stopped smoking.

you bring up some valid points and i wish to subscribe to your newsletter :)

• Advertisement

Not a Kano fan eh? :D

Rob2D wrote: »
    Not a Kano fan eh? :D

I don't like Kano after you kicked my ass last night on PSN. Good games mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

As a follow on from Voa's post in the DoC 4 topic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056344620

I was wondering if anyone wanted to loan me a copy of MK9 on Xbox so I could create a savefile and patch in the updates to be used for the next DoC.
    Just so that we can have more set-ups on the day/get through the MK9 tournament faster.

I live in Dublin and can meet up with anybody pretty easily in the evenings.

PM me if you're feeling helpful. I'm super-trustworthy. Ask anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

As a follow on from Voa's post in the DoC 4 topic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056344620

I was wondering if anyone wanted to loan me a copy of MK9 on Xbox so I could create a savefile and patch in the updates to be used for the next DoC.
    Just so that we can have more set-ups on the day/get through the MK9 tournament faster.

I live in Dublin and can meet up with anybody pretty easily in the evenings.

PM me if you're feeling helpful. I'm super-trustworthy. Ask anybody.

I'll throw you my copy, no hassle that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'd bring my console to the next one but I haven't touched the dlc since the mastery of all fighters takes long enough without adding another 3 days game time!

I'd bring my console to the next one but I haven't touched the dlc since the mastery of all fighters takes long enough without adding another 3 days game time!

dlc fighters dont have stat slots sadly

what psn mk9ners do we have floating around???

ive only played 3 irish players im aware of,
    theuglybunny
    usedforglue
    cant member the 3rd one name,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

theuglybunny
    usedforglue
    Thats grand, I'll update and **** so :)

theuglybunny
    usedforglue

Well there's me, Rob2D and Plumpynuter.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    Well there's me, Rob2D and Plumpynuter.

awesome,mines spooky_kid_69
    drop me a message anyone when sees me online to let me know ya from boards,im just bout 2 pop on for a few games now,have baraka back in the lab :cool:

Advertisement