Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

just had a few sets with rob2d there, good games man,your a zoner like me :p was nice to play against that.
    that xray combo ya did with kenshi was sick :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Cheers man. I picked a hell of a day to start playing on a PS pad! If I did anything weird or dropped stuff its because I never played on d-pad before! It was interesting to play tag matches. Hopefully I'll learn some from playing you. Didn't realise you're number 2 ranked in player tag!

Afterwards I tried some ranked and who did I run into only leonlir, the number 1 player in ranked. But at least I managed to beat him!

Rob2D wrote: »
    Cheers man. I picked a hell of a day to start playing on a PS pad! If I did anything weird or dropped stuff its because I never played on d-pad before! It was interesting to play tag matches. Hopefully I'll learn some from playing you. Didn't realise you're number 2 ranked in player tag!

thanks, why? did ya use to play stick or a xbox/fight pad before,
    im only using stick about a month.using dpad hurt after few hours of play in this game.
    i mostly play tag, all my 1v1 stats is from when people changlle me,dont play ranked cause i can have 3 nonranked matchs in time takes me to find n play a ranked (true story)online ranking dont count for much though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I have a third party pad in the style of a 360 controller, but the analogue stick has been failing me of late. I should have a stick setup for PS3 in about a month's time though. I'm thinking of taking a break form MK until then and getting back into SF. My Gen is being neglected and I was supposed to have learned Yang by now. And its been too long since I played Halo.

The lure of Mortal Kombat is so very strong!

yea know what u mean havnt played call of duty in dont know how long,
    still wana play more dead nation,that game i so fun,:cool:
    got limbo on ps3 finally and barely gone near that 2 :o

mk really only fightin game i play,while most played sf2 when young i was rocking those glitchy broken mk's haha :D

• Advertisement

plyed a set or two with plumpynuter last night, was that a rage quit on the last 1 or did we just get disconnected? whenever i use shang people think im trollin them n quit???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

plyed a set or two with plumpynuter last night, was that a rage quit on the last 1 or did we just get disconnected? whenever i use shang people think im trollin them n quit???

I never rage quit in my life. I take my medicine :) (an try to learn)

I don't moan about spam or trolling. Whatever works is ok with me. Got a new TV over the past couple of days and it feels real different. Much better but have to get used to the timing. My old tv really lagged and this one is really fast.

I don't think I won one game last night when I was playing. What was your user name? Add me as a friend. I am trying to play good players so that I can pick up a bit from them. I don't get much time to play but I love MK. Most enjoyable and frustrating game I have played in ages.

Ah Spooky kid 69. Did not know you where Irish. You knocked seven shades of sh1te out of me :o

eco2live wrote: »
    I never rage quit in my life. I take my medicine :) (an try to learn)

I don't moan about spam or trolling. Whatever works is ok with me. Got a new TV over the past couple of days and it feels real different. Much better but have to get used to the timing. My old tv really lagged and this one is really fast.

I don't think I won one game last night when I was playing. What was your user name? Add me as a friend. I am trying to play good players so that I can pick up a bit from them. I don't get much time to play but I love MK. Most enjoyable and frustrating game I have played in ages.

ah right ok must of just cut out,thought it was a quit cause i did shangs joker fatal, sorry :o

ye i have a tv problem 2 on the 2p side i cant see from were the 3rd bar starts,can be annoying when people tele i have to listen for the sound haha

i liked that you used baraka a bit2, need more people playin him
    good games

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

Mickles_86 on psn if anyone fancies a few matches sometime. Lui Kang and Kenshi user :D

• Advertisement

ah right ok must of just cut out,thought it was a quit cause i did shangs joker fatal, sorry :o

ye i have a tv problem 2 on the 2p side i cant see from were the 3rd bar starts,can be annoying when people tele i have to listen for the sound haha

i liked that you used baraka a bit2, need more people playin him
    good games

Good old gingivitis (Baraka) is the man. He is underrated and his normals are great. Don't be shy with those tips. Your melina is a horrible cow by the way and your reptile is a zoning nightmare.

I think its time for me to learn some 30%+ combos and step my game up.

Mickles_86 wrote: »
    Mickles_86 on psn if anyone fancies a few matches sometime. Lui Kang and Kenshi user :D

great i need more practice with my lui kang match ups, expect a tag invite ;)

Good old gingivitis (Baraka) is the man. He is underrated and his normals are great. Don't be shy with those tips. Your melina is a horrible cow by the way and your reptile is a zoning nightmare.

I think its time for me to learn some 30%+ combos and step my game up.

ye even thou i love the ugly mofo when the game came out he was terrible,
    all he had was that 90% loop in the corner which was cheap so glad they got rid of anyway (yea cyrax im looking to you! :mad:)
    but since the buffs in the patch he can be a very deadly weapon, i still havnt got all his frame traps down yet as i still have him in the lab as he pretty much a whole new char after the patch, i just wish ex blade charge was like j.cages ex kick to deal with heavy zoners,if a top tier guy gets super amour why not low-mid tier baraka??? :confused::confused::confused:

haha thanks, i thought i did better zoning with mileena than reptile ah well thats nice to know haha, i should really pick up my radien again,hes so rusty at the mo,took a back seat to reptile

on the tips front,on what char? i member u used sub zero,cage and some1else who i forgot:o (besides baraka i mean)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Paraxis

Paraxis01 on PSN. I'm a Stryker/Jax player. Gis a message if ya want a game

Paraxis wrote: »
    Paraxis01 on PSN. I'm a Stryker/Jax player. Gis a message if ya want a game

i belive weve played before,name rings a bell
    will give u and mickles 86 a game asap, my internet down at min (on a freinds at mo) god damn u digiweb!!!

on the plus side i made some new tag combos,
    got a sweet one with reptile and baraka that after the 1st hit hits only way out is to use a breaker,wah haha :rolleyes:, only does 26% but that fact its uninterupable makes up for that i think,
    also figured out a uninterupable way of gettin mileena sai in the opponents back while reptile or baraka as partners,makin mileena reset combo do a few more % :cool::cool::cool:

had some epic matches with mickles_86 yesterday, much respect
    sorry i had to go after 3 matches but i didnt want my house to burn down as was cooking my dinner just before we start playing :o

any more irish mk9 users pop up that gamertag :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ye guys mainly xbox or ps?

well i only have a ps3 but i cant speak for other users who might just be on xbl or even both

I am only on PS3 also.

Freddy's out today :)

By the way lads, are you using wireless or wired internet? My execution online is crap and blocking only seems to work half the time but when playing with friends offline it seems to be ok. I am using wireless. Could that be an issue? Or is it just me?

Does anyone use one of those plug socket network yokes that use your electrical wiring for networking? Are they better then wireless?

I am only on PS3 also.

Freddy's out today :)

By the way lads, are you using wireless or wired internet? My execution online is crap and blocking only seems to work half the time but when playing with friends offline it seems to be ok. I am using wireless. Could that be an issue? Or is it just me?

Does anyone use one of those plug socket network yokes that use your electrical wiring for networking? Are they better then wireless?

i belive freddy out in usa 2day and eu gets it 2moro when store updated, could be wrong

im using wireless at the moment cause my internet screwed up so i have my ps3 in the gfs house,dont notice a diff in the lag wireless vs wired but i had noticed it will cut out the odd time giving adding to your disconnect stats, at the mo i have 43 dc,s with never quitting a game, koth give ya them 2 if people leave and the lobby closed

• Advertisement

So can anyone answer me was the comp the other week on both consoles?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So can anyone answer me was the comp the other week on both consoles?

I THINK it was mainly on PS3, but there were adapters floating around.

ah ****e....that'll completely feck me then. I just can't use those tiny little controllers, it's why i ignore my ps3

wish i wasnt told it would mainly be on xbox..sniff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Quick query lads. I think I already know the answer, but I'd like to just have it confirmed by people who own the game: If an xbox does not have access to the internet, the patches for MK do not take effect, while on PS3, the patches are always in effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Not sure if I mentioned this to you on the day Doom, but both my dual mod TE and your dual mod with the yellow buttons DID NOT work on the PS3 in the corner that was running MK.

Both had a "unrecognised USB device" message, no matter what combination of buttons I held/didn't hold as I plugged them in.

No idea why.

ah ****e....that'll completely feck me then. I just can't use those tiny little controllers, it's why i ignore my ps3

You could always ask for your game to be on an Xbox- but anyways, as I said above, there were adapters there in any case.
    wish i wasnt told it would mainly be on xbox..sniff

Well, tis up to the people who bring the consoles and tvs really :D
    Not sure if I mentioned this to you on the day Doom, but both my dual mod TE and your dual mod with the yellow buttons DID NOT work on the PS3 in the corner that was running MK.

Both had a "unrecognised USB device" message, no matter what combination of buttons I held/didn't hold as I plugged them in.

No idea why.

You need to do it 3-4 times with my VSHG, that's not unusual.

You could always ask for your game to be on an Xbox- but anyways, as I said above, there were adapters there in any case.

Well, tis up to the people who bring the consoles and tvs really :D

You need to do it 3-4 times with my VSHG, that's not unusual.
    You'd be giving one player an advantage over anther if they were used to different controls/consoles.

What are these adaptors like doom?? not sure if I've seen one

Voa wrote: »
    Quick query lads. I think I already know the answer, but I'd like to just have it confirmed by people who own the game: If an xbox does not have access to the internet, the patches for MK do not take effect, while on PS3, the patches are always in effect?

i cant speak for xbox voa but with the ps3 you have it right

also the patches for this game are extremly important, besides balancing (which kung better get nerfed even more in next one:p) they take out infins and some stupid glitchs that were in v1.0

there is a new one bein released today/2moro regarding the freddy dlc but it doesnt change anything in the game(v1.04),

nrs(people who make the game) said there will big patch after 4th dlc so that might even be out before sept 17th,maybe not

also incase didnt know ALL of the klassic kostumes are like using prepatch versions of that char,so should be banned, same with kratos pre nrs offical tourny rules,the reason he was not on xbox was not because he was a ps3 symbol it so so they would have a legit reason 4 banning him as nrs knew they were making a broken char, but did so pretty much so sony would push the game more

• Advertisement

You'd be giving one player an advantage over anther if they were used to different controls/consoles.

What are these adaptors like doom?? not sure if I've seen one

It's actually the responsibility of the player to bring the right equipment to play in every tournament I've been to, be it stick or pad, so if a tournament organiser is forced to give someone an advantage, he can't really be blamed :)

The adapters are these little usb dongly things you can buy off various sites. Stwv0Knev0, the Irish rep in Evo, had to use one- he's a xbox pad player and evo is exclusively ps3.

I don't want to link one as I don't use them myself so I don't know which one is good.

EDIT: Here's one- this isn't what was used though.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/xbox-360-to-ps3-usb-wired-controller-adapter-converter-100cm-cable-42000

Advertisement